Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I arrived late my first night in Sicily and found a brothel open and had the best ride in my life. Few days later I went back and it was meh, it's luck of the draw who's working sometimes. 

You can see how the sex analogy works.

I have an Acer Aspire laptop. Bought it at the start of lockdown. Today the left hinge between the base and screen came apart. A quick google tells me that this is a common issue with this type of computer, and has been for years. I'm well out of warranty now. 

I can "clip" much of the screen back in to place but opening and closing the laptop is impossible now.

3 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I went to Naples for 10 days and forgot to try a pizza. Shocking. 

Worthy of a red dot. However, reason enough to go back.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I arrived late my first night in Sicily and found a pizza takeaway open and had the best pizza in my life. Few days later I went back and it was meh, it's luck of the draw who's working sometimes. That's a proper place though, factory pizzas like Domino are meh every time.

I could have sworn you typed brothel instead of pizza takeaway when I first read this.

Where was this? I'm in Sicily in 2 months time and need tips.

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I have an Acer Aspire laptop. Bought it at the start of lockdown. Today the left hinge between the base and screen came apart. A quick google tells me that this is a common issue with this type of computer, and has been for years. I'm well out of warranty now. 

I can "clip" much of the screen back in to place but opening and closing the laptop is impossible now.

Piece of pish mate, 10 minute fix.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Piece of pish mate, 10 minute fix.

Cheers. I have been looking at these videos but none really get it. The issue is on the screen side, not the base side. 

Google "Acer left hinge" and you'll see the millions of posts. 

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Worthy of a red dot. However, reason enough to go back.

I could have sworn you typed brothel instead of pizza takeaway when I first read this.

Where was this? I'm in Sicily in 2 months time and need tips.

West coast, Marsala. Loved it so off in a couple of weeks to Catania on the East coat, planning to travel around a bit.

Just now, scottsdad said:

Cheers. I have been looking at these videos but none really get it. The issue is on the screen side, not the base side. 

Google "Acer left hinge" and you'll see the millions of posts. 

I was kidding, the boy had you taking the whole thing apart with a kitchen knife!

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I was kidding, the boy had you taking the whole thing apart with a kitchen knife!

I could ask the uni for a new laptop. They would give me one for free. Just not sure they would be happy with the disgusting filth I would fill the hard drive with. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I could ask the uni for a new laptop. They would give me one for free. Just not sure they would be happy with the disgusting filth I would fill the hard drive with. 

Have you got a local computer repair shop to try first? It's annoying when it could be an easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing, and the manufacturers charge a fortune to get you to buy a new one instead. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Hold the fucking phone! You work in a uni????