Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

My walk to Primary School was miles over dusty plains and sweeping savannah, through a dark forest and over a haunted railway line.

Just checked - 0.5 miles over two fields, through some trees and an old railway cutting. 

See the source image

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Buy her some clothes pegs.

Oh, we have them as well.  The choice of securing is apparently based on the need for a vacuum or not.  Like a packet of chocolate digestives will have a chance to go soft! (cue KW gif)

6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Oh, we have them as well.  The choice of securing is apparently based on the need for a vacuum or not.  Like a packet of chocolate digestives will have a chance to go soft! (cue KW gif)

We used to have an ancient McVitie's biscuit tin, a metal tube with a lid, that was really handy. One day it disappeared which I thought was weird, so I found another one online, then that one disappeared too. Turned out that my sister who visits regularly thinks that biscuit tins let too much air in to store biscuits, so she hid them in the garage. She's also ultra strict about recycling and avoiding single use plastics, then double wraps absolutely every thing in clingfilm and plastic bags.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We used to have an ancient McVitie's biscuit tin, a metal tube with a lid, that was really handy. One day it disappeared which I thought was weird, so I found another one online, then that one disappeared too.

Sorry m9  :ph34r:

20220818_121435.jpg

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We used to have an ancient McVitie's biscuit tin, a metal tube with a lid, that was really handy. One day it disappeared which I thought was weird, so I found another one online, then that one disappeared too. Turned out that my sister who visits regularly thinks that biscuit tins let too much air in to store biscuits, so she hid them in the garage. She's also ultra strict about recycling and avoiding single use plastics, then double wraps absolutely every thing in clingfilm and plastic bags.

Biscuit tins were amazing - they were able to keep cake soft and biscuits hard but how did they know which was which?  

I spilt a glass of water in the fridge the other night and had to take everything out of those wee shelf things to dry them - my goodness it was an eye opener.  Not a word of a lie there were 100+ sauce sachets for pizza that must have been there a fair while.  I said I'd throw them out and she had a fit and said I could only throw the out-of-date ones out - as If I was going to look at each and every one to check the date especially considering hawkeye would struggle to see the dates.  There was a multitude of other stuff that must propose some kind of health hazard if ever used but no way it's going in the bin according to her.  More clothes pegs in the fridge than on the washing line.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

The wife.  Despite both me and our son chastising her she still insists on wrapping stuff in plastic bags and tying the bag with a tiny know that is basically impossible to untie so we resort to ripping the bag open with often inevitable spillage not to mention wasting bags.  Just made myself my afternoon cuppa and went to get a chocolate digestive (2 actually) and lo and behold it was double bagged with 2x tiny knots.  Crumbs everywhere.  

Beyond fuming. 

I think I accidentally managed to break my mum out of this habit when I was wee. I just kept bringing the bags to her as I couldn't undo them, and eventually she had to admit defeat and get some of those plastic clips for freezer bags.

Star Trek The Motion Picture is back in cinemas next week. I have my tickets booked -  by God it is a poor film. 

But this Guardian review gives it 4 stars. How? How is this possible? This film is fucking torture! It is 5 hours of mind numbing boringness. All the budget spent on special effects and a story rehashed from a pisspoor episode of the TV show. No action. No fun. No joy. It is dreadful.

Anyway, Cineworld in Falkirk on Wednesday. Taking the boy. 

3 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

^^^ 5 hours of bad Star Trek ?

You fvcking masochist.

Certainly feels like it. The only time anyone would want to watch this is if the doctor tells them they have 2 hours to live. It'll stretch that time out nicely.

I'd forgotten how the production department were always so desperate to revolutionise the crew uniforms in the Star Trek films. The cheapo ones from the TV shows always looked better, but they couldn't just touch them up and bit and leave it at that.

Presumably they were trying to attract a whole new audience of fashionistas with cutting-edge style like this:

3127.jpg?width=620&quality=85&fit=max&s=

30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Star Trek The Motion Picture is back in cinemas next week. I have my tickets booked -  by God it is a poor film. 

But this Guardian review gives it 4 stars. How? How is this possible? This film is fucking torture! It is 5 hours of mind numbing boringness. All the budget spent on special effects and a story rehashed from a pisspoor episode of the TV show. No action. No fun. No joy. It is dreadful.

Star trek is Horse shit, there I told you. FFS hope his family tell him soon.

23 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'd forgotten how the production department were always so desperate to revolutionise the crew uniforms in the Star Trek films. The cheapo ones from the TV shows always looked better, but they couldn't just touch them up and bit and leave it at that.

Presumably they were trying to attract a whole new audience of fashionistas with cutting-edge style like this:

They look like they are in their pyjamas. 

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That uniquely mid-70s view of the future that envisaged a world wearing beige crimplene leisure suits with huge Lionel Blairs...

https://i0.wp.com/www.gerryanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/spy1mm002.jpg?resize=850%2C491&ssl=1

On 17/08/2022 at 06:27, 19QOS19 said:
On 16/08/2022 at 13:24, Rizzo said:
Being expected to shell out for a weekend away to celebrate the birthday of someone who barely acknowledges yours. <_<

You're pals with my sister-in-law?

Does she occasionally moonlight as a middle aged man? If so, maybe.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Aye it's pretty dull. Shame it isn't The Wrath of Khan. That's tremendous. Even better if they also had the two that follow to round off the story.