Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, scottsdad said:

When I worked for Stirling Council in the 90s (summer job in the roads department), the vans were always set to Radio 1. Someone was a fan of Mark and Lard and always set the vans to listen to them. If you're too young to know who they were, they were shite DJ's who said "right" every third or fourth word. 

So when I got the van, at the end of the day I switched and set every station to Radio 3.  Takes less than a minute. 

However do students get such a poor reputation?

1) The transfer deadline counter in the bottom right of Sky Sports News, the milliseconds part especially.

2) People that mumble something and then immediately start eating, inevitably making you ask "pardon?", followed by them doing that circling of the hand motion as they wait to finish munching.  Not that petty tbf.

Edited by Hedgecutter

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Used to be standard in my day, walk to school on your own and with your mates on the way back. Think I was about 6 when I got fed up waiting for my Mum to collect me so walked home on my own and carried on after that.

I think you may older than me, but this was standard for all kids, I can't remember my mum or dad ever taking me to school by car or walking.

On a few schools that would be some hike. As you said, walking home would take a little longer as you would be with other students (friends), then get home and let yourself in (key round the neck) and make yourself a piece and whatever before Mum or Dad got home from work.

But to then contradict myself, I take my kids to school which is only 2km away, but there is a few dogs(free running)on the route.  There not ready for that.

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I used to enjoy taking the bairn to school but that was mostly for the MGSs. Sadly, as of this week, tis but a distant memory.

goes concrete when/around high schools.

Can we get him on the list before it all goes wrong? 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I used to enjoy taking the bairn to school but that was mostly for the MGSs. Sadly, as of this week, tis but a distant memory.

There's always the Milfy Gym Slags thread in NSFW.

Last week I did an on-line grocery shop with Iceland. A couple of days ago I got an e-mail asking me to review the experience, which I deleted. Today I got a reminder because I hadn't responded.

f**k off, I have better things to do with my time.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Last week I did an on-line grocery shop with Iceland. A couple of days ago I got an e-mail asking me to review the experience, which I deleted. Today I got a reminder because I hadn't responded.

f**k off, I have better things to do with my time.

Tell them the experience was excellent, other than the constant harrassment from their staff

I walked to and from school as a lad as well. The first primary school I went to was about a mile away. Started walking there and back, probably with my brothers, from about Primary 3 or 4 onwards. The second primary school I went to was 5 minutes away, so obviously walked there, and being in Primary 6 and 7 there helped.

The wife.  Despite both me and our son chastising her she still insists on wrapping stuff in plastic bags and tying the bag with a tiny know that is basically impossible to untie so we resort to ripping the bag open with often inevitable spillage not to mention wasting bags.  Just made myself my afternoon cuppa and went to get a chocolate digestive (2 actually) and lo and behold it was double bagged with 2x tiny knots.  Crumbs everywhere.  

Beyond fuming. 

6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

The wife.  Despite both me and our son chastising her she still insists on wrapping stuff in plastic bags and tying the bag with a tiny know that is basically impossible to untie so we resort to ripping the bag open with often inevitable spillage not to mention wasting bags.  Just made myself my afternoon cuppa and went to get a chocolate digestive (2 actually) and lo and behold it was double bagged with 2x tiny knots.  Crumbs everywhere.  

Beyond fuming. 

Buy her some clothes pegs.

I set up a paypal account for first time a couple weeks ago and I assumed you had to pay money into PayPal account to pay someone. So I made one attempt to put £40 into the account and the app was being funny so I tried it again and then realised I had made 2 transactions into my PayPal account that were pending before realising I could just pay someone direct. This wouldn’t be a big deal of course If the money went straight into PayPal as I could just switch it back to my bank account but it’s saying the transaction won’t be complete until the 20th august and I made this faux pas on the 6 th august. It’s showing as out of my bank account as well.

My walk to Primary School was miles over dusty plains and sweeping savannah, through a dark forest and over a haunted railway line.

15 Times Calvin and Hobbes Reminded Us Why We Love the Outdoors - Active  NorCal

Just checked - 0.5 miles over two fields, through some trees and an old railway cutting. 

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I set up a paypal account for first time a couple weeks ago and I assumed you had to pay money into PayPal account to pay someone. So I made one attempt to put £40 into the account and the app was being funny so I tried it again and then realised I had made 2 transactions into my PayPal account that were pending before realising I could just pay someone direct. This wouldn’t be a big deal of course If the money went straight into PayPal as I could just switch it back to my bank account but it’s saying the transaction won’t be complete until the 20th august and I made this faux pas on the 6 th august. It’s showing as out of my bank account as well.

Sounds like an awfully complicated way to go about it when you can just link Paypal to a debit card.