Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Been Away for the weekend.  5 of us went out for a meal on Saturday.  One of the group Insisted that she would pay for her food and drink separately from everyone else rather than pay via splitting the bill by 5. I she ended up paying nearly £35, but If she'd done the same as everyone else, she'd only have paid about £23.

Been Away for the weekend.  5 of us went out for a meal on Saturday.  One of the group Insisted that she would pay for her food and drink separately from everyone else rather than pay via splitting the bill by 5. I she ended up paying nearly £35, but If she'd done the same as everyone else, she'd only have paid about £23.

Did she have more/more expensive than everyone else? If she knew that and that's why she chose to pay it separately then fair play to her I say.

Or if she was just being awkward for awkard's sake then it's quite comically backfired.

3 hours ago, philpy said:

Bet she can't spell 'arithmetic' either.....................................

Picked up the new car yesterday. It is great. 

However, when I collected it, there was no fuel in it. Not a single bar on the gauge. As soon as I turned the key I got a low fuel warning. 

Having just spent a decent amount of money on the car, you'd think the dealership would stick even a fiver in. But no. 

Coincidentally there was a petrol station attached to the garage I had just enough petrol to get to. 

Twice now I have bought cars west of Harthill services, both times ended up with wee annoyances. Never again. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Picked up the new car yesterday. It is great. 

However, when I collected it, there was no fuel in it. Not a single bar on the gauge. As soon as I turned the key I got a low fuel warning. 

Having just spent a decent amount of money on the car, you'd think the dealership would stick even a fiver in. But no. 

Coincidentally there was a petrol station attached to the garage I had just enough petrol to get to. 

Twice now I have bought cars west of Harthill services, both times ended up with wee annoyances. Never again. 

Need to thrash that sort of stuff out at the point of sale. Screw what you can out of them. 

14 hours ago, philpy said:

Good c**t then

Since Monday night's impressive thunderstorm, our back yard has had the distinct (and strong) smell of semen.

To my knowledge, no linden trees have mysteriously appeared.

Edited by BFTD
Sunday night, not Monday. Christ, I need to get back to work.