Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Tea served in a mug with a dark coloured interior. Just no. The inside of a mug with tea in it should be white. In fact, pretty much the same thing for dinner plates. Get those trendy matt black things tae’ F.

Rant over. 🤐

It annoys me that there is only one Competition & Markets Authority (previously Monopolies Commission). Clear case of double standards involving stifling competition and with absolutely no sense of irony or shame.

Edited by Squonk

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Tea served in a mug with a dark coloured interior. Just no. The inside of a mug with tea in it should be white. In fact, pretty much the same thing for dinner plates. Get those trendy matt black things tae’ F.

Rant over. 🤐

I thought you were talking about one of those ancient tannine stained mugs you get in offices etc. 

Bicarbonate of soda cleans them up.

Few years back, I was out doing charity uplifts and deliveries when we got a call that we were to stop what we were doing and head off to Grangemouth. One of the board members had arranged for a very valuable donation, and it took precedence over the people who'd paid to get their furniture brought out to them that day. Off we f**k to the Forth Valley's Capital of Stench, to a business that will remain nameless, and picked up several large boxes. They contained possibly every mug they'd ever used in the staff canteen, and the ones that weren't broken were the dingiest shade of brown I've ever seen on porcelain.

Your bicarbonate of soda was a massive failure that day, Tam.

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I thought you were talking about one of those ancient tannine stained mugs you get in offices etc. 

Bicarbonate of soda cleans them up.

Nah, mugs with a design that has a black or dark blue interior from new. Tea just doesn’t look right, or appealing, in one. I was gifted a nice dark blue Scottish Football Association logo mug, but the whole thing is dark blue. IMHO the outside should be blue with the crest, but the inside shouldn’t be.

After Ukraine, fuel costs, climate change and all that, I think black and blue tea mugs are mankind’s most pressing problem.

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, mugs with a design that has a black or dark blue interior from new. Tea just doesn’t look right, or appealing, in one. I was gifted a nice dark blue Scottish Football Association logo mug, but the whole thing is dark blue. IMHO the outside should be blue with the crest, but the inside shouldn’t be.

After Ukraine, fuel costs, climate change and all that, I think black and blue tea mugs are mankind’s most pressing problem.

This one may suit you..

MUG010with-Box__46787.jpg.b24a484f4d973acd101de8f32c0de0dc.jpg

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Apparently this is not right for my desk at work.....

mug.PNG

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Nah, mugs with a design that has a black or dark blue interior from new. Tea just doesn’t look right, or appealing, in one.

It can also make it difficult to see how much tea you've poured in.

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

The police have been called and apparently they're looking into it

But their resources are stretched at the moment - all the police dog handling equipment has been stolen and they haven't any leads.

On 05/08/2022 at 08:14, scottsdad said:

Our neighbours have chickens. Whenever we try to sleep with the window open, these things start their pish at 4 am. Very annoying, just so that she can have a few free eggs or whatever she does with them. 

We had chickens for a while.

Most expensive free eggs ever.