Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

32 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Incidentally, did anyone notice the English media reporting that Australia were the top country at the Commonwealth games?

No, me neither 

With a population the quarter of the size of England.  They never mention that bit do they?

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Probably up on a drugs run anyway.

He's about 65 and now thinks I'm some sort of Klarna account trying to pay in installments. 

Edit : somebody has just popped up trying to get rid of an old, empty cable drum as a "coffee table". I'm out.

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

More from the wonderful world of Facebook Marketplace.

IMG_20220809_183004.thumb.jpg.897b970da7c0420bc6f7d9f1b1d8dcab.jpg

Minds me o' the time I was selling a car on Gumtree, an American guy had just arrived in the UK and wanted to buy it. He didn’t think Aberdeen was that far from Heathrow.

One of my neighbours gets his grass cut by a local firm. They have a very large 4x4 with a trailer attached carrying all the grass mowers,etc.

Normally they park right in front of the shared driveway so its difficult to get out but not impossible.

Today they blocked off the entrance to the shared driveway at the road so it was impossible to get out.

I had to get out as an emergency and I politely asked him to move the offending vehicles.

He mumbled and grumbled and never bothered his arse. So I proceeded to cross onto my stone chippings by my drive way and moved onto my other neighbours driveway to get out. 

Inconsiderate b*****d. Should this really be placed on “c***s on the Road” thread.

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

One of my neighbours gets his grass cut by a local firm. They have a very large 4x4 with a trailer attached carrying all the grass mowers,etc.

Normally they park right in front of the shared driveway so its difficult to get out but not impossible.

Today they blocked off the entrance to the shared driveway at the road so it was impossible to get out.

I had to get out as an emergency and I politely asked him to move the offending vehicles.

He mumbled and grumbled and never bothered his arse. So I proceeded to cross onto my stone chippings by my drive way and moved onto my other neighbours driveway to get out. 

Inconsiderate b*****d. Should this really be placed on “c***s on the Road” thread.

My neighbour told me that someone had stolen all his grass from his garden. He was looking forlorn.

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I just asked my neighbour if she needed a hand trimming her bush free of charge rather than paying some strangers.

Another neighbour went out to his garden, dug a deep hole and filled it with water.

I think he meant well.