Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

That is tremendous!  :lol:

The high-pitched squeaker that comes in about halfway through just puts the cherry on top. Grindcore truly is a universal language.

Worth checking out purely for the titles, I don't even want to know the lyrics to "Everybody Has the Wet" or "Hot Shit Hits Maximum". 

I blame this...

"The bathroom is a holy place, I can whack off without disgrace".

😆

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, it should really be used to describe folk who get personal satisfaction about enforcing rules that nobody else cares about, but loads of people end up having to apply bullshit that their managers consider important, and we're not all in the position of being able to tell them to stick it up their arse.

It's deeply satisfying when you can, though  :D

Holy crap m9  :mellow:

It shouldn't be, but it's always a shock to realise just how many people have seriously contemplated/attempted suicide.

I never hide it, if even one person can be helped by me being open about it then it is job done. It was a dark couple of years in my life though, I wouldn't wish it on anyone & I am forever grateful to those who intervened when I made my attempts. The perils of my mental state means that the dog could bite me any time with no warning, but right now I love my new job & feel like I got a second chance to enjoy life.

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

It isn't, although you could argue that the very act of wanting Alcohol is breaching one of the 5 Licensing conditions. In Scottish Retail Law, there are 3 steps, The Invation to treat; eg the product being in place with a price, Formation of the contract & then Acceptilation of the Contract. Putting something out for sale means nothing until you attempt to purchase, the person(s) must then resile the contract on the grounds of frustration because the Licensing Laws forbid it.

Wow - that's a word!

Acceptilation is the application of the Roman law principle of acceptilatio in modern Scots law regarding obligations, whereby a creditor verbally acknowledges a verbal obligation as having been discharged, even though it has not been directly performed, by accepting that some other performance or payment than had originally been specified is sufficient to extinguish the obligation.[1] It is considered a satisfaction of an obligation, rather than its performance.[2] The payment or performance accepted can be merely imaginary, making it a way to cancel payment of a debt by stating that it has been discharged

24 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Wow - that's a word!

Acceptilation is the application of the Roman law principle of acceptilatio in modern Scots law regarding obligations, whereby a creditor verbally acknowledges a verbal obligation as having been discharged, even though it has not been directly performed, by accepting that some other performance or payment than had originally been specified is sufficient to extinguish the obligation.[1] It is considered a satisfaction of an obligation, rather than its performance.[2] The payment or performance accepted can be merely imaginary, making it a way to cancel payment of a debt by stating that it has been discharged

Scottish Retail Law is such a fun thing to study, pretty much every precedent has something to do with buying & selling livestock.

6 hours ago, velo army said:

^^^ previous user of the bog was a 20 stone boy who spent an hour working his way through the Tokyo Times crossword. There's yer heated seat.

4 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Wtf was he doing in my hotel room?

Anything he bloody well liked.

I've mentioned this on here before but Scottish people saying 'man' at the end of a sentence.

'Aww cheers, man'

'Yeah not bad, man'

m8 you're from Crown (a posh part of Inverness) you're not from Venice Beach.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I've mentioned this on here before but Scottish people saying 'man' at the end of a sentence.

'Aww cheers, man'

'Yeah not bad, man'

m8 you're from Crown (a posh part of Inverness) you're not from Venice Beach.

The correct term is 'min'.

2 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Not sure yet if it’s the monkey pox, bad AIDS or COVID but some sort of virus has got me. Hoping to be buried with my dog and some peanut m&ms for the afterlife. 

Bye goodbye sad goodbye GIF on GIFER - by Beazelace

3 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Not sure yet if it’s the monkey pox, bad AIDS or COVID but some sort of virus has got me. Hoping to be buried with my dog and some peanut m&ms for the afterlife. 

ghana.jpeg.486bf503cd3f79998ecc9432a0ccd6db.jpeg