Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Deliveroo. I use them as my favourite restaurant only does delivery through them and when I was sick, I used them for shopping.

They keep pretending that the front door to the building doesn't work, or they can’t find the building, or they’ll go to the car park around the back where you can’t get in (even though I put that in the delivery notes). As I work from home I end up taking in packages for my neighbours and letting the postman, window cleaner etc into the building - today alone I buzzed in 3 people, it’s always strangely fine for everyone else. 

So I always have to go downstairs and get it myself. I don’t really mind that so much as them basically lying and taking the piss, especially since they charge enough to deliver in the first place.

I don't use Deliveroo.

There's the whole dodginess of the gig economy but mainly because they employ wankers who cycle on the pavement 

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Who the f**k checks their balance at an ATM in age of internet banking?

A few I guess. The machine asks you often enough :lol: Usually just after you press 'cash without balance' :rolleyes:

Waking up to a message from the airline saying your flight's been delayed by hours, getting to the airport two hours before the rescheduled time only to be told check in closed forty minutes before the original departure time.

Also: having to check in at a desk even though you've checked in online and only have carry on.

Also: every other fucking thing about airports. More to follow, no doubt.

18 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Nah, think that ones a bit of a myth.

I used to drive class2 hgv's and, in the job I was in, ordinarily had more than plenty time during my shift to complete my drops. Most trucks are limited at 56mph, so if I was on the motorway sitting behind one doing 53-54 I'd just happily tawdle along behind it. A high proportion though are chasing time and don't give a single fcuk who they hold up to get themselves that tiny bit further ahead that the extra 2mph takes them, which of course is absolutely minimal and hardly worth it for their own blood pressure and that of the drivers of the 50 cars queued up behind them.

In short, they couldn't care less about their employer's fuel bill and a lot of lorry drivers are, in fact, simply c***s (of the prostitute murdering variety).

But otherwise alright?

18 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Who the f**k checks their balance at an ATM in age of internet banking?

(apart from Mrs Marlboro)

I occasionally take money out for my Mum (she's housebound) and I sometimes check the balance so I can daydream about how I'll spend my share of it when she dies.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

But otherwise alright?

I occasionally take money out for my Mum (she's housebound) and I sometimes check the balance so I can daydream about how I'll spend my share of it when she dies.

It's going to the Cat and Dug Home unless you've forged the will... 

7 minutes ago, microdave said:

But otherwise alright?

Start spending now. Leave nothing to chance.

On golf fans this is truly the season of the dickhead fans. As much as I like watching just about all sport this is the season of,

The tennis fan wanting to be the last to shout some inane support, or worse something apparently witty before a serve.

The golf fan being the first to shout similar after the a drive has been taken.

Both offences  should be punishable with beating, and seeing as Wimbledon has all those service personnel about surely they are equipped to do it.

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Waking up to a message from the airline saying your flight's been delayed by hours, getting to the airport two hours before the rescheduled time only to be told check in closed forty minutes before the original departure time.

Also: having to check in at a desk even though you've checked in online and only have carry on.

Also: every other fucking thing about airports. More to follow, no doubt.

Check In times always close at the original time do they not?

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've never understood how checking in on line actually works. Surely checking in at the desk is proof that you're physically in the airport and ready to board your flight. Checking in on line, you could be anywhere and about to run into horrendous traffic jams so you're still miles away when your flight is due to leave.

Check In times always close at the original time do they not?
So if you get a message in the morning saying your flight's delayed by ten hours you're supposed to get to the airport twelve hours before departure? Why close check in when the outgoing aircraft isn't even in the country yet? What's the point in on line check in if they make you do it again at the airport? Petty things, my friend.

In related news, Luton's a shitehole, I want to go home.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

So if you get a message in the morning saying your flight's delayed by ten hours you're supposed to get to the airport twelve hours before departure? Why close check in when the outgoing aircraft isn't even in the country yet? What's the point in on line check in if they make you do it again at the airport? Petty things, my friend.

In related news, Luton's a shitehole, I want to go home.

I don't make the rules, but it's pretty common knowledge tbf. I assume the desk rota / staffing is planned in advance, and there is little flexibility.

When you check in online you don't need to do it again at the airport - you only have to go to bag drop if you have hold luggage.

I don't make the rules, but it's pretty common knowledge tbf. I assume the desk rota / staffing is planned in advance, and there is little flexibility.

Perhaps I've just been lucky and have only had flights delayed once I'm already through security. It's not something I recall other people talking about.

It really wasn't an issue in the end, one of the general airport staff did it without any fuss, just thought it weird you can arrive at the airport over two hours before your flight departs and check in is closed.

When you check in online you don't need to do it again at the airport - you only have to go to bag drop if you have hold luggage.

That's not the case at all airports.

47 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I've never understood how checking in on line actually works. Surely checking in at the desk is proof that you're physically in the airport and ready to board your flight. Checking in on line, you could be anywhere and about to run into horrendous traffic jams so you're still miles away when your flight is due to leave.

You get your boarding card scanned usually before you go through security so it's much the same as queuing up at a desk. Maybe the airport @DiegoDiego was at was short staffed so everyone had to do it at check in, or they didn't have enough scanning equipment.

Edited by welshbairn