Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
People who call ibuprofen 'brufen'.

Every nurse calls it that. Take it you weren't outside banging pots and pans then.

Not since Bobby Sands died...

8 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I get the reference but uhm…“Does Raquel Welch posters”? What exactly does that entail?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Mores the point, I presume “digging a tunnel” is some kind of disgusting sexual euphemism.

Says more about you guys that your minds went there, exactly what I expected from Pie and Bovril though.

Dunno if it's exclusive to QoS but almost every single season there seems to be someone who rocks up at a game, normally early in the season, who seem genuinely annoyed to be there as well as being utterly clueless about the level of football they're watching. Guy behind me yesterday who spent the first 45 minutes moaning (like most of us) but it was pretty clear he was from the town and wasn't a regular. He was moaning in a way that he was pleased Queens were playing so shit. The final piece of proof that he was clearly an old firm fan out to watch a game of fitba was when he came out with this doozy to a guy across from him:-

"Why are Queens not hoovering up players like that from Annan? That number 11, who is he?"

It was Chris Johnston [emoji38]

Dunno if it's exclusive to QoS but almost every single season there seems to be someone who rocks up at a game, normally early in the season, who seem genuinely annoyed to be there as well as being utterly clueless about the level of football they're watching. Guy behind me yesterday who spent the first 45 minutes moaning (like most of us) but it was pretty clear he was from the town and wasn't a regular. He was moaning in a way that he was pleased Queens were playing so shit. The final piece of proof that he was clearly an old firm fan out to watch a game of fitba was when he came out with this doozy to a guy across from him:-

"Why are Queens not hoovering up players like that from Annan? That number 11, who is he?"

It was Chris Johnston [emoji38]

Yesterday a boy behind me went mental at Brad Mckay for not immediately emptying a ball.

About fifteen minutes later a ball bounces in the box About maybe 12 to 14 yards out, Mckay hoofs it up the park just as the keeper is running out shouting. Mckay had his back to the keeper.

I'm happy for the CB to launch that everytime in the scenario it was.

Same lad goes ballistic at Mckay for not listening [emoji23]

I find myself nowadays one of those guys who occasionally gets fucked off enough to actually reply to these shouts.

17 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I was not brave enough to find out, I am due to be discharged on Monday and don't want to risk it.

It actually looks like a discharge.

Hope you're out and about, getting fully recovered and getting decent home food soon. And yes, that first decent mouthful after being hospital-starved for your own good can be beyond description. I'm almost nostalgic for it.

Yesterday a boy behind me went mental at Brad Mckay for not immediately emptying a ball.

About fifteen minutes later a ball bounces in the box About maybe 12 to 14 yards out, Mckay hoofs it up the park just as the keeper is running out shouting. Mckay had his back to the keeper.

I'm happy for the CB to launch that everytime in the scenario it was.

Same lad goes ballistic at Mckay for not listening [emoji23]

I find myself nowadays one of those guys who occasionally gets fucked off enough to actually reply to these shouts.
If it wasn't the first game of the season/it was obvious this fanny was just there for the day out I'd have reacted. Think I'll need to move though as there was a guy constantly shouting for us to get the ball up the park. Would honestly love to know how he thinks hoofing it would help with our 5ft strikers.

If it wasn't the first game of the season/it was obvious this fanny was just there for the day out I'd have reacted. Think I'll need to move though as there was a guy constantly shouting for us to get the ball up the park. Would honestly love to know how he thinks hoofing it would help with our 5ft strikers.
STOAP GITTERIN ABOOT!!!!!!

At the first sign of a pass sideways or backwards

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

'Ehnuf o this tippy tappy shite! Get the ball up eh park!'

To be followed up by...

'Why ya just puntin' it? Gie the boy a chance to reach it!'.

Some football fans are utterly clueless about the game, even though the guys that usually moan like that have been watching the game for 50+ years.

'Ehnuf o this tippy tappy shite! Get the ball up eh park!'
To be followed up by...
'Why ya just puntin' it? Gie the boy a chance to reach it!'.
Some football fans are utterly clueless about the game, even though the guys that usually moan like that have been watching the game for 50+ years.

I don't know why it annoys me so much. The sentiment is spot on if you're chasing a game. But yesterday the issue with us was our backline/the deepest lying midfielder would get the ball and there was f**k all on for them. Nothing directly ahead of them, nothing out wide and a long ball was a waste of possession with the height difference. I think in that instance "get the baw up the park!!" is just an idiotic statement. I find myself shouting "give him an option!" more often than not at Palmerston. It's the responsibility of attacking players to want the ball rather than expecting the defence to find an inch perfect pass.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's the responsibility of attacking players to want the ball rather than expecting the defence to find an inch perfect pass.

100%, but because the moaning clueless c***s watching the game focus solely on the boy with the ball, they have no idea what pass he has/hasn't got on. 

100%, but because the moaning clueless c***s watching the game focus solely on the boy with the ball, they have no idea what pass he has/hasn't got on. 
There's a balance to be found, though.

You can have forward, attacking play without launching it aimlessly.

I've found myself raging at sideways passing. My rage isn't at the player, but at the manager for the lack of a strategy.

I wish teams works play in behind full backs and turn the defence more often. It just involves an actual plan, rather than attackers coming towards the ball all the time.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I've found myself raging at sideways passing.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

There's a balance to be found, though.

You can have forward, attacking play without launching it aimlessly.

I've found myself raging at sideways passing. My rage isn't at the player, but at the manager for the lack of a strategy.

I wish teams works play in behind full backs and turn the defence more often. It just involves an actual plan, rather than attackers coming towards the ball all the time.

Of course you can have forward, attacking play without launching it aimlessly, but this involves some movement from the forward players to become available and/or run in behind.

2 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Tempted to pull a @SlipperyP and link to a track from Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing every time the word 'discharge' is mentioned.

The word filter should autocorrect 'discharge' to a random lyric in ALLCAPS: "It actually looks like a HELL ON EARTH HELL ON EARTH".