Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

29 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This is supposed to be roast chicken and gravy

IMG-20220709-WA0023.jpeg

Are you sure they've not accidentally served up one of those dishes surgeons use to deposit removed organs and tumours?

Pub quiz team name last night was Boris' Child Count so that the updates would be announced as "BCC: 40", "40 for BCC", or some variation of that.

Lazy quizmaster didn't give scores with the updates and just scoffed at the name.  Won't be back.

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
People who call ibuprofen 'brufen'.

Every nurse calls it that. Take it you weren't outside banging pots and pans then.

You'll be shocked to hear I was not.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I was not brave enough to find out,I am due to be discharged on Monday and don't want to risk it.

Once I got my appetite back and started eating again I found the hospital food quite palatable. It was certainly the highlight of the day in our ward when the meals got served, not to mention the cups of tea and biscuits.

The ones in my ward were well on the road to recovery, and after the consultant had been round in the morning we weren't bothered much by the staff, so the meals were the big discussion point. If they were even 5 minutes late there was a general rumble of disapproval, and much tut tutting and looking at watches.

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Once I got my appetite back and started eating again I found the hospital food quite palatable. It was certainly the highlight of the day in our ward when the meals got served, not to mention the cups of tea and biscuits.

The ones in my ward were well on the road to recovery, and after the consultant had been round in the morning we weren't bothered much by the staff, so the meals were the big discussion point. If they were even 5 minutes late there was a general rumble of disapproval, and much tut tutting and looking at watches.

I was nil by mouth till this morning so even the toast was tasty this morning.Hoped I would get out yesterday but I need a drip for 72 hours.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

I know a guy that does Raquel Welsh posters if you need to dig a tunnel.

I get the reference but uhm…“Does Raquel Welch posters”? What exactly does that entail?