Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's 2022. There are more than 5 TV channels. If you don't like a sport being on one of them, don't watch that channel. There are so many other options if you fancy watching something.

26 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's near the Glorious 12th so it must be an Orange Stalk

'sake Tam.  It's the 12th of August for Game Burdz.  Which reminds me.  I will miss Chantelle Swaby's nonchalant style and prowess in the air.  A consummate professional here about to plunge into the cryobath in Auchenhowie after a game:

chantelle.png.18dbedf5e762ec47e55c8d60dc1fef76.png

24 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

You know how your phone software goes "that's similar to a word that he uses far more often, I'll autocorrect it to that" ?

😉

Fortunately I haven't got a phone like that, so I've nothing to worry about...

Our office has 5 women in it. 1 is an agency worker covering for one of the others who is off on maternity leave, 1 is just back from maternity leave and the 3rd announced she was pregnant on Monday. The 4th, older, woman has just resigned because she's sick of all the extra work involved in covering for those on maternity leave. 

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Our office has 5 women in it. 1 is an agency worker covering for one of the others who is off on maternity leave, 1 is just back from maternity leave and the 3rd announced she was pregnant on Monday. The 4th, older, woman has just resigned because she's sick of all the extra work involved in covering for those on maternity leave. 

Has Boris being doing a tour?

35 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Any paternity leave on the horizon? 

Overheard a news reporter on radio 1 talking about the heat wave hitting the U.K. this weekend which will see temperatures in their late 20’s and she said “it’s climate change that’s causing it”. Just blatant propaganda thrown in just for the f**k of it.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Overheard a news reporter on radio 1 talking about the heat wave hitting the U.K. this weekend which will see temperatures in their late 20’s and she said “it’s climate change that’s causing it”. Just blatant propaganda thrown in just for the f**k of it.

Climate change is the phenomenon in which the average weather changes and in particular at the moment refers to average temperature rising. 

It's not the cause of rising temperatures. The greenhouse effect could be said to be a cause, or increased atmosheric CO2. 

So it's pretty dumb and shows a lack of understanding. 

Not sure it counts as propaganda though.