Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On the swally yesterday and ended up basically begging my mate to go to sleep about 7am. He'd woke me up asking I'd to go for a pint at opening so I'm wide awake and half pished and he's fucked off back to sleep.

On 01/07/2022 at 22:53, Arch Stanton said:

On that subject, people who pronounce GIF as JIF, even though the "G" stands for "graphic".

Didn't the creator actually come out and say a few years ago that it's pronounced JIF?

E.T.A aye, here it is

Screenshot_20220704-102348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

On 02/07/2022 at 00:03, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Neil Young was touring an album about 12 years ago, he pissed off the audience by stating, we'll start by playing my new tunes from start to finish.

After every song the audience shouted out 'requests' but the band stuck to the task.

Young announced an interval after the album was played out, then came out after the break and played the whole thing all over again.

Was that not the Tonight's The Night tour back in the 70s? He played the new album, came back out and said "We're gonna play some stuff we know you'll have heard before..."

Big cheer, then he launched into the new album again.

There was a time a while back though when he played the SECC and there was a sizeable chunk of the set consisting of songs that he must have just written and AFAIK still hasn't recorded.

Didn't the creator actually come out and say a few years ago that it's pronounced JIF?
E.T.A aye, here it is

941359981_Screenshot_20220704-102348_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ce73d916c47ee094c81a2772e0bb8703.jpg
f**k it, he's deid, let's all just call them gifs (with a g)

On the swally yesterday and ended up basically begging my mate to go to sleep about 7am. He'd woke me up asking I'd to go for a pint at opening so I'm wide awake and half pished and he's fucked off back to sleep.
This never ever works.

Feels like a great idea at the time, but the folk who feel really awake and definitely ready to go out for the day at that time always crash and burn early doors.

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

E.T.A aye, here it is

Screenshot_20220704-102348_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aye. GIF is one of those words where you'd only look like a complete dick if you pronounced it correctly.

Foreign football clubs / foreign footballer player names usually provide the best examples of this genre.

10 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Cutesy portmanteau names for made-up dog breeds...lassie in work was going on about her new cockapoo.

It's a fucking mongrel, hen.

Tempted to get a cocker spaniel/doberman cross so I can call it a cockdobber though.

What about a Shitzu/Cocker X

would that be a shittycock or a cockyshit?

16 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Cutesy portmanteau names for made-up dog breeds...lassie in work was going on about her new cockapoo.

It's a fucking mongrel, hen.

Tempted to get a cocker spaniel/doberman cross so I can call it a cockdobber though.

What about Cocker Spaniel and Mastiff.

Herbalife sellers. Seriously,  just f**k off please. I know people that constantly wear the t shirts and the daft badges, even when they are going out for a family meal. A couple of years ago my wife and I enquired about doing herbalife - £76 a month! Needless to say we didn't bother. 2 years down the line, we've lost nearly 5 stones between us, Just by eating a bit healthier and doing plenty of walking.  It's all Just a big commission based scam.

6 minutes ago, philpy said:

Herbalife sellers. Seriously,  just f**k off please. I know people that constantly wear the t shirts and the daft badges, even when they are going out for a family meal. A couple of years ago my wife and I enquired about doing herbalife - £76 a month! Needless to say we didn't bother. 2 years down the line, we've lost nearly 5 stones between us, Just by eating a bit healthier and doing plenty of walking.  It's all Just a big commission based scam.

Did PalletLife turn down your application ?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Surely Herbalife isn't still going?

Yep. I remember seeing a post on twitter a while back, lee mair was on holiday abroad with his family,  he took his laptop and was "recruiting" people in the hotel.