Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

People requesting songs from bands that play in bars, it's not a fucking DJ, they have a set list. c***s. 

Neil Young was touring an album about 12 years ago, he pissed off the audience by stating, we'll start by playing my new tunes from start to finish.

After every song the audience shouted out 'requests' but the band stuck to the task.

Young announced an interval after the album was played out, then came out after the break and played the whole thing all over again.

I mind there was some sort of sales event where they hired a Billy Joel cover band, but the band only played early Joel.

After too many drunken requests to 'start the fire' (a tune the band never played as they were strictly early Joel) the singer got annoyed and tried to square go an audience member.

This resulted in the band leaving and one of the salesmen had to stand in on drums with one of the caterers standing in on vocals.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I mind there was some sort of sales event where they hired a Billy Joel cover band, but the band only played early Joel.

After too many drunken requests to 'start the fire' (a tune the band never played as they were strictly early Joel) the singer got annoyed and tried to square go an audience member.

This resulted in the band leaving and one of the salesmen had to stand in on drums with one of the caterers standing in on vocals.

So basically it was a duet? 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

In Englandshire and over here in the ‘murca I have to spell out my last name. Despite being about 1000 years old these chunts can’t get past the 100 years or so of anglicising it.

It doesn’t even sound like the way they spell it!

In fact ETA, just reminded weegies bugger up the spelling too

Hiya Mr Menzies, hiya pal! 

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

His logic was that superfluous letters in a name indicated Catholicism and cited Clark with an e as a further example.

All the Clarkes I know are prods.

11 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

His logic was that superfluous letters in a name indicated Catholicism and cited Clark with an e as a further example.

Both my first and second names have ditched the superfluous letters which although saves me some time when writing my name, is a pain in the arse when I have to advise of the spelling anytime I speak with someone.

I will neither confirm or deny if big team has been found 

11 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Both my first and second names have ditched the superfluous letters which although saves me some time when writing my name, is a pain in the arse when I have to advise of the spelling anytime I speak with someone.

I will neither confirm or deny if big team has been found 

Between my name being gender fluid, before it was fashionable and my kids names, no one bothers to write to us!

So basically it was a duet? 

I was there as well funnily enough. It was a duet in the end and they did a lovely rendition of Time To Say Goodbye.

I also got so wasted I leased a helicopter ffs.

On 30/06/2022 at 22:59, DA Baracus said:

Whenever there's traditional Scottish music on (usually at a ceilidh or wedding) and folk give that horrendous 'heeyeuch!' noise. Awful.

Pater Army does this. I bloody love it. For a man with a sonorous deep bass voice he can fair make the leap to falsetto. He really elongates the "heee" part of it too. Wonderful stuff. 

18 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Neil Young was touring an album about 12 years ago, he pissed off the audience by stating, we'll start by playing my new tunes from start to finish.

After every song the audience shouted out 'requests' but the band stuck to the task.

Young announced an interval after the album was played out, then came out after the break and played the whole thing all over again.

..and the rest - Greendale came out in 2003. A cracking album (and film), tbf, but not quite what fans were expecting. Still, Neil does what he wants.

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and the rest - Greendale came out in 2003. A cracking album (and film), tbf, but not quite what fans were expecting. Still, Neil does what he wants.

Stephen Stills described him as 'wilful'.

I think that means he gives absolutely no fucks re. other people's opinions.