Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Doing something and then immediately forgetting I've done it.

The most common is the one I did this morning. Was out of the flat and walking away when I wondered if I had actually put my keys in my bag. I genuinely couldn't remember doing it but must have done so a mere seconds ago. I checked my bag and, sure enough, they were indeed in there. Weird.

See also; forgetting where I set down my wallet and/or phone in my flat and having to go looking for them.

I do this on a daily basis. My excuse is that I'm probably old enough to be your grandad. 😬

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
If I can't find my wallet, how can I pay you?

I also loaned you fifty and will accept a fight to the death between you and Tam Cowan in lieu of hard currency.

Set it up.

25 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I do this on a daily basis. My excuse is that I'm probably old enough to be your grandad. 😬

I doubt that. You'd need to be at least in your 80s.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Doing something and then immediately forgetting I've done it.

The most common is the one I did this morning. Was out of the flat and walking away when I wondered if I had actually put my keys in my bag. I genuinely couldn't remember doing it but must have done so a mere seconds ago. I checked my bag and, sure enough, they were indeed in there. Weird.

See also; forgetting where I set down my wallet and/or phone in my flat and having to go looking for them.

Just wait 'til you're feart to put down your glasses, as you'll forget where you put them and can't see to check.

I've literally had to wait for my son to get home to find them for me or, on one memorable occasion, my elderly mother who sees four of everything due to cataracts and glaucoma.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Just wait 'til you're feart to put down your glasses, as you'll forget where you put them and can't see to check.

I've literally had to wait for my son to get home to find them for me or, on one memorable occasion, my elderly mother who sees four of everything due to cataracts and glaucoma.

My eyesight isn't that bad. I'm short sighted so can still see things, just not as sharply without my glasses. Plus I have a spare pair.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

My eyesight isn't that bad. I'm short sighted so can still see things, just not as sharply without my glasses. Plus I have a spare pair.

chewin-the-fat-fancy-cheese-baguette-mod

31 minutes ago, BFTD said:

image.png.8aacd4c7b127bb38987cfb57e8788ecd.png

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Not enough Napalm Death on this forum, frankly.

Today's PTTGOYN: Fairy Liquid has been becoming progressively weaker over the past twenty years. Absolutely frothing, but not as much as I used to be.

Places with canteen services who insist on table service, then don't have anyone going round the tables, resulting in you having to to go the counter, be told its table service, and return to your table to do the transaction.

Guy I work with keeps referring to Frasier as 'Fraser'.

He's been told before, but perseveres with saying Fraser, probably in the knowledge that it annoys others.  He's succeeding on that front anyway.

6 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

He's been told before, but perseveres with saying Fraser, probably in the knowledge that it annoys others.  He's succeeding on that front anyway.

Start deliberately mispronouncing his name.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Guy I used to work with was the opposite. Anyone called Fraser he called them Frasier.

He was Irish (southern) though.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

My auld mither quite likes a croissant from Lidl's instore bakery.

Except she calls them 'crazzonts'.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Guy I used to work with was the opposite. Anyone called Fraser he called them Frasier.

He was Irish (southern) though.

Do you still get folk called Fraser? 

I've got two pals called Fraser, both ancient like me.