Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It looks like this is the new "bespoke" then, which is a PTTGOMN.
Bespoke. What a stupid fucking word.
Bespoke was a perfectly fine word for centuries, then a decade or so ago people started abusing it. One of the reasons I'm not in the "I can never be wrong because language evolves" camp.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Company job websites that, in the year of our Lord 2022. ask you to manually fill out the details of your career. Special mention for one that just asked me to upload my fucking CV right after having to insert all the details from it anyway.

Yes, yes - it shouldn't take long to put down "McD's fry cook", but I'm a slow typer.

Just straight up copy and paste it, or type 'see CV' in the boxes. Still a huge waste of time mind.

Maybe because of COVID I remember things differently, but pre-COVID were folk really as bad a queuing as they are now? Folk seem to crowd right up as close as they can to the person in front of them. Seem it loads in shops recently. One good thing about the pandemic was that folk were nice and spaced out when in a line, but now it seems to be even worse that it was before.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Company job websites that, in the year of our Lord 2022. ask you to manually fill out the details of your career. Special mention for one that just asked me to upload my fucking CV right after having to insert all the details from it anyway.

Yes, yes - it shouldn't take long to put down "McD's fry cook", but I'm a slow typer.

If the company's testing you to see if you can cope with mindless bureaucracy, and you can't, it's probably a good filter.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe because of COVID I remember things differently, but pre-COVID were folk really as bad a queuing as they are now? Folk seem to crowd right up as close as they can to the person in front of them. Seem it loads in shops recently. One good thing about the pandemic was that folk were nice and spaced out when in a line, but now it seems to be even worse that it was before.

Yes they were , for years you would be in a shop/bar/event and people in the queue behind would push into you in the hope that would make the person in front of the person in front of you sort out their transaction quicker . Would do my tits in , then been good for a couple of years then now starting to do my tits in again.  

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If the company's testing you to see if you can cope with mindless bureaucracy, and you can't, it's probably a good filter.

Good point, it's probably a decent sign that they're going to be big on pointless busy work, or are just fucking clueless and haven't updated their recruitment materials in twenty years.

I ended up on a company's recruitment site last week that really could've been coded in the late Nineties, down to the fact the whole page was crammed into a tiny wee corner, like it was designed for an 800x600 CRT. That was too much for me to take seriously, I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes; yes they were. It sounds callous, but when I was back at work after the first lockdown, it was a blessed relief to catch the bus without the usual gang of roasters trying to osmose through my body to the front of the queue from the back and sides.

Scottish Power. The one company that enrages me just at the mention of their name. 

khan-shatner.gif

I was a customer of their for years, suffering. Ombudsman several times, the lot. In 2016 I left them and went to OVO Energy. For 6 years I have had good service from OVO and no hassles whatsoever. 

Yesterday I got this email from SP.

image.thumb.png.72abf955468b4fc3c81a839f9ba97602.png

At first I thought it was spam. But the email address and links are all legit. 

I emailed them saying that they have made an error as I am not a customer of theirs and haven't been for 6 years. Got 2 auto-replies immediately. One saying that they don't communicate via email and to use their chat bot, and another saying it has been passed to an advisor who will be in touch. 

Am I f**k phoning them and waiting hours on hold, nor am I paying them a shiny penny. 

I hate this company so, so much. 

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

One good thing about the pandemic was that folk were nice and spaced out when in a line, but now it seems to be even worse that it was before.

Was that a reaction to the vaccination?

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Scottish Power. The one company that enrages me just at the mention of their name. 

khan-shatner.gif

I was a customer of their for years, suffering. Ombudsman several times, the lot. In 2016 I left them and went to OVO Energy. For 6 years I have had good service from OVO and no hassles whatsoever. 

I emailed them saying that they have made an error as I am not a customer of theirs and haven't been for 6 years. Got 2 auto-replies immediately. One saying that they don't communicate via email and to use their chat bot, and another saying it has been passed to an advisor who will be in touch. 

Am I f**k phoning them and waiting hours on hold, nor am I paying them a shiny penny. 

Whose "actual meter readings" have they used? Edinburgh Castle?

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Whose "actual meter readings" have they used? Edinburgh Castle?

This is what puzzled me. I gave OVO meter readings a few days ago - could SP somehow have access to these? Are they charging me for years? 

Just the very thought of dealing with this shower again has stressed me out. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

This is what puzzled me. I gave OVO meter readings a few days ago - could SP somehow have access to these? Are they charging me for years? 

I reckon you'll be looking at Crowdfunding after discovering you didn't cancel your account with SP. 

36 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Hopefully you’ve kept some paperwork or emails dealing with the closure and termination. If you have let the them spin it out, threaten to take them to court and then sue the cnuts for stress and intimidation. Fcuk SP. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Hopefully you’ve kept some paperwork or emails dealing with the closure and termination. If you have let the them spin it out, threaten to take them to court and then sue the cnuts for stress and intimidation. Fcuk SP. 

I learned many, many years ago to keep every correspondence with them. 

Let me give you an example. When I left them I was ~£200 in credit. They sent me a final bill saying I was £900 in debit and giving me options to pay. 

What they had done was go over the last two years of usage and recalculate them using a higher tariff than the one I had been on. If I had not downloaded every statement I wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. When I raised this (and once again put it to the ombudsman) they corrected the "computer error". 

Must have had about £500 in total over the years from them in various "goodwill gestures"

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

khan-shatner.gif

Grassed to the polis for running a cannabis farm....

It's almost as if, oh I don't know, SP have contracted out their billing to a third party who pay workers sod all and therefore the workers don't give a f*ck. 

Doing something and then immediately forgetting I've done it.

The most common is the one I did this morning. Was out of the flat and walking away when I wondered if I had actually put my keys in my bag. I genuinely couldn't remember doing it but must have done so a mere seconds ago. I checked my bag and, sure enough, they were indeed in there. Weird.

See also; forgetting where I set down my wallet and/or phone in my flat and having to go looking for them.