Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
22 hours ago, hk blues said:
You don't even have to do that - just say the place name without adding the state/country to baffle them i.e. "I had a great vacation in Paris" - 'Paris?"  - "Yes, Paris,  In France."  - "Ah, that Paris."

Paris, Texas.

There are 23 places in the US named Paris - I'd still like to think If I said Paris they'd assume the French one.  

Of course, I'm sure I'd be disappointed.

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

There are 23 places in the US named Paris - I'd still like to think If I said Paris they'd assume the French one.  

Of course, I'm sure I'd be disappointed.

One of the b-i-l's used to live near Versailles, Kentucky.

'Murcans pronounce it 'Vurr-sayles'.

Fuxake.........................

33 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

No-tarr Dayme

People who try to do nice things and unintentionally f**k it up.

e.g. Food recycling bin day tomorrow. 

Looking forward to having to go next door (like last 4 b*****ding weeks) as one of them, helpfully, takes the bins in for 2 or 3 houses up their shared drive and round the back - and always, fucking always, takes mine as well.

Yes, it is very petty.....................

13 minutes ago, Tynie Tappertit said:

Adults on holiday wearing football tops.  Honestly do you think your a fucking tribe or something.

Usual suspects, Leeds, West Ham, scousepool, and of course the bigot brothers as main suspects.

It's just pathetic, it's also 30 degrees so they must be stinking.

Adults wearing football tops in general is a no unless playing fives, or actually going to football.

Hi darling I've bought you new clothes for holiday, dinnae worry doll av goat ma bogging sellick/ranjurs tap ah will hae oan every day.

Tramps.

Looking around to see who cares that they support X/Y. 

No one cares m9. 

20 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Bathroom & kitchen outlets using the phrase 'on trend colours'.

9UxS.gif.55f777cfdd4c087bf3cf68f1b34f8e3c.gif

I can't understand how it's possible to see the description "on trend" without clocking that fashion and trend are arbitrary, intentional cons.

This good design is now bad because we've been around the sun one more time.

1 hour ago, Tynie Tappertit said:

Adults on holiday wearing football tops.  Honestly do you think your a fucking tribe or something.

Usual suspects, Leeds, West Ham, scousepool, and of course the bigot brothers as main suspects.

Adults wearing football tops in general is a no unless playing fives, or actually going to football.

Hi darling I've bought you new clothes for holiday, dinnae worry doll av goat ma bogging sellick/ranjurs tap ah will hae oan every day.

Tramps.

You'll get a reprieve in the evening when they all head off to find the local Anfield/Ibrox/Paradise bars to meet up with their like-minded brethren and do the exact same shite they do back at home for the other 51 weeks of the year. Cannae beat getting away your holidays for a wee change and broadening your horizons..

People who try to do nice things and unintentionally f**k it up.

You would hate me. Mrs B would tell this seems to be my M.O.

I have got to admit, i am guilty of this, probably every second day. For me, it is nothing to do with showing i support Raith, i just prefer football tops to normal tops.

Gone at the thought this football tops on holidays is reserved for "big teams" it's just they have more fans. You of course have weapons cutting about Benidorm with Hearts tops on. 

Pretty sure a poster on here that supports a diddy club wears it loud and proud as it is a diddy club and they thought this was interesting for other people. 

1 hour ago, Tynie Tappertit said:

Tramps.

I have a mate who stays near Falkirk.

He has a neighbour across the road and all the males in the family dress in this way all year - Rangers trackies, Rangers training gear, Rangers medallions (!) and he also has a large bear statue in the garden.

Some people think this is normal behaviour - its handy, because the rest of us can

(a) have them marked as wanks immediately, and

(b) avoid any restaurant / licensed premises they frequent on the basis it will undoubtedly be mince. 

I met an American today who pronounced Thames "Theymz". To be fair the English did add the "h" to be pretentious and like the Greeks so in hindsight I may be all for it.

Just about every advert these days includes the phrase "Award Winning" without any detail of what when and why they got the self-proclaimed award. Even more meaningless than "By Royal Appointment".

That said, I have to confess that I'm an "Award Winning" landscape artist. A student teacher on placement read us a story and got us to paint a picture from what we'd heard. My greatest achievement in P6 was winning a wee prize for that. Actually, make that my greatest ever achievement.

Company job websites that, in the year of our Lord 2022. ask you to manually fill out the details of your career. Special mention for one that just asked me to upload my fucking CV right after having to insert all the details from it anyway.

Yes, yes - it shouldn't take long to put down "McD's fry cook", but I'm a slow typer.

23 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Bathroom & kitchen outlets using the phrase 'on trend colours'.

9UxS.gif.55f777cfdd4c087bf3cf68f1b34f8e3c.gif

It looks like this is the new "bespoke" then, which is a PTTGOMN.

Bespoke. What a stupid fucking word.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Company job websites that, in the year of our Lord 2022. ask you to manually fill out the details of your career. Special mention for one that just asked me to upload my fucking CV right after having to insert all the details from it anyway.

I just refuse to do it. Virgin Media once asked me to upload a CV and type it all out and actually emailed me when I clicked 'delete' next to all their supply information drop downs. They actually gave you the option. 

I replied to their email saying if I upload a CV they can see it all, I don't need to then manually retype it all out in the boxes. I never made it past that stage.

I did today though, doing the exact same thing - 12 months later.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

You'll get a reprieve in the evening when they all head off to find the local Anfield/Ibrox/Paradise bars to meet up with their like-minded brethren and do the exact same shite they do back at home for the other 51 weeks of the year. Cannae beat getting away your holidays for a wee change and broadening your horizons..

2 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Gone at the thought this football tops on holidays is reserved for "big teams" it's just they have more fans. You of course have weapons cutting about Benidorm with Hearts tops on. 

Pretty sure a poster on here that supports a diddy club wears it loud and proud as it is a diddy club and they thought this was interesting for other people. 

Group of folk from the pub I drink in are off to Benidorm later this year, got the 'you should come it'll be great fun',

Their highlights of previous visits included, 

the British pub that serves food all day from morning fried breakfast to fish and chips in the evening,

The Scottish pub that has Sky Sports for all the football,

The shops that sell British juice and crisps and biscuits,

And know at least two of them would be football top types, as they wear them in the bar when their team is playing.

And they are going for a fortnight of that.

I was devastated when I told then that on checking I couldn't get off work that fortnight.

Edited by MEADOWXI