Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I once heard a Yank utterly confuse a Lothian Buses driver by asking to go to "Dalkett" (Dalkeith)

If I ever go to septic land I'll pronounce all their places wrong. That'll show them.

I don't get how an American wouldn't know how to pronounce "th". A Frenchie, sure..

17 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I read a thing recently that showed the airline's loyalty card programme was worth more than the airlines themselves. It's the only thing of value they have - the planes are all leased and they have very few assets. 

British Airways used to be known as a hugely valuable pension scheme with a less profitable sideline as an airline.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

this is how I read this. I had to re-read three times to see what it actually said.

I'll let him know when the fingering becomes uncomfortable.

I follow quite a few independent clothing brands on Twitter and I'm seeing an upturn in them selling stuff and saying Large (fits like medium) etc. 

If it fits like it's a smaller fucking size, sell it as the smaller fucking size.

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Kids, bairns, weans, wee b@st@rds............does the nomenclature really matter ?

Ah Ken. Dustbin lids etc. 

He's from Falkirk. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe