Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Way way back in my underage drinking years, one of my mates went up to the bar and nervously asked:

"a pint please"

"a pint of what?" queried the barman

"whatever you've got" he responded nonchalantly.

He got his pint surprisingly.  70/ I think it was.

I've witnessed that happening too. My mate brought his son to the pub a few weeks ago and he asked "what do you sell". Probably quite logical, but sounded daft.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've witnessed that happening too. My mate brought his son to the pub a few weeks ago and he asked "what do you sell". Probably quite logical, but sounded daft.

My first-ever pub visit was in Ruislip - I was on a course and we went to the pub after the first day. I ordered a Guinness because it was the only name I recognised.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

My first-ever pub visit was in Ruislip - I was on a course and we went to the pub after the first day. I ordered a Guinness because it was the only name I recognised.

"A tankard of your finest mead, my good yeoman" is the correct terminology.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Something I'm experiencing more and more is asking for something and being given the reply "that's off at the moment".

There have been times when it would have been easier for them to tell me what's actually available.

The one that really gets on my nerves though is when you go through the process of choosing from the menu, only to be told "we're out of that just now".  Could you not have told me at the start ffs?!

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

Something I'm experiencing more and more is asking for something and being given the reply "that's off at the moment".

There have been times when it would have been easier for them to tell me what's actually available.

The one that really gets on my nerves though is when you go through the process of choosing from the menu, only to be told "we're out of that just now".  Could you not have told me at the start ffs?!

Yep, that behaviour is just lazy, sloppy management. It only takes seconds to reverse font badges or stick a glass over a handle.

19 hours ago, House Bartender said:

The good news : the Cooncil have surfaced a potholed road just outside town.

The bad news : it wasn't scraped and resurfaced - just topped off so, instead of potholes there are sunken drain covers now inches below the level of the road which replace the impact of driving over the potholes. Like potholes they can be avoided but only by driving on the wrong side of the road, which is not always a good option.

No surprise that this thread is on page 6869

Those are terrible. As you say, driving on the wrong side of the road isn't always a safe option.

5 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Holy Mother of God, you'll be hanging strings of onions from the ceiling next..........................................

You mean...

I work in a bar and tonight I've already been asked for a Smice and VBL. Why the f**k can today's youth not call drinks by what they actually are. Morons. 
I worked in a local pub in 1999 at the age of 24 and I had no idea what a guy was talking about when he asked for a red square. It made me feel fucking ancient.

45 minutes ago, microdave said:
On 24/06/2022 at 22:57, 10menwent2mow said:
I work in a bar and tonight I've already been asked for a Smice and VBL. Why the f**k can today's youth not call drinks by what they actually are. Morons. 

I worked in a local pub in 1999 at the age of 24 and I had no idea what a guy was talking about when he asked for a red square. It made me feel fucking ancient.

Blast from the past there, to the point my brain tricked me into tasting it for the first time in 20 odd years.   Used to be my nightclub drink of choice (after pints of Caffreys in the pub beforehand).

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Heres a backstory, recipe, some class pics and even an opportunity to book a "venom package"

Scotland's Famous Venom Drink [Tips & Recipes] (tropicanaglasgow.co.uk)

I wonder if any Dose of the Runs have ever put their blue and "tangerine" tops in the same wash at the wrong temperature. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

On 24/06/2022 at 22:57, 10menwent2mow said:

"You'll have two lager and two toasties like every other c**t"

On 25/06/2022 at 09:35, scottsdad said:

Ah sorry. 

Ebay are selling these. Cannot figure out what fruit goes on these. 

s-l500.jpg

That's the beginners one, mine has a 2 inch hook.....

30 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

The latest Tesco advert that says "we want you to spend less". No you don't and even if you did you wouldn't have a Clubcard price and another more expensive one for people without Clubcard.

Thank you for reminding me I had to order a clubcard!