Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I work in a bar and tonight I've already been asked for a Smice and VBL. Why the f**k can today's youth not call drinks by what they actually are. Morons. 

I used to work in a brewery and about 80% of the beers on draught were from them. Used to always get asked for a “pint of (brewery) please mate”. WHAT FUCKING ONE.

19 minutes ago, Smurph said:

I used to work in a brewery and about 80% of the beers on draught were from them. Used to always get asked for a “pint of (brewery) please mate”. WHAT FUCKING ONE.

Way way back in my underage drinking years, one of my mates went up to the bar and nervously asked:

"a pint please"

"a pint of what?" queried the barman

"whatever you've got" he responded nonchalantly.

He got his pint surprisingly.  70/ I think it was.

I work in a bar and tonight I've already been asked for a Smice and VBL. Why the f**k can today's youth not call drinks by what they actually are. Morons. 
Virgin Beer Lips?

8 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

A V and T on the slate please Dave

10 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

New-Chrome-Plated-Wire-Banana-Stand-Hanger.jpg.c1cb543e18899e9588acd74a69c9f1ab.jpgThese fvcking things....................why ?

If bananas are kept in the same bowl as other fruit, the ethene (I think it is) from the banana will ripen the other fruit very quickly. A free hanging banana (ooh, Matron) keeps fresher longer with air circulation.

Also, houses with banana hooks will sell much quicker than houses without them. A must for every kitchen.*

*Not really.

1 minute ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

If bananas are kept in the same bowl as other fruit, the ethene (I think it is) from the banana will ripen the other fruit very quickly. A free hanging banana (ooh, Matron) keeps fresher longer with air circulation.

Also, houses with banana hooks will sell much quicker than houses without them. A must for every kitchen.*

*Not really.

We have a bowl inhabited only by bananas. All other fruity comestibles are usually parked in the kuhlschrank.

18 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

*Not really.

Spot on (also called ethylene). Any ripe fruit gives it off and encourages ripening in other fruits but bananas give off relatively large amounts. 

Just now, scottsdad said:

Spot on (also called ethylene). Any ripe fruit gives it off and encourages ripening in other fruits but bananas give off relatively large amounts. 

Excuse me.....I came on to gripe about a piece of useless, stupid-looking household tat.

I do not need a lecture on hydrocarbon gases.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Excuse me.....I came on to gripe about a piece of useless, stupid-looking household tat.

I do not need a lecture on hydrocarbon gases.

Thank you.

Ah sorry. 

Ebay are selling these. Cannot figure out what fruit goes on these. 

s-l500.jpg

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

That would be ridiculous. That's what these are for 

A3415-7-Lath-Pulley-Clothes-Airer.thumb.jpg.ff7e16b1e8feb2ab7a662fa806fb929a.jpg

An old dear notices a joiner working next door, she approaches him and asks 'can you put a new rope on my pulley?'

He said he would pop round at lunchtime.

After 10 minutes work he shouts to the woman 'I'm finished, you can get your clothes up now'

The woman, slightly taken aback replied 'I thought it would only cost me a couple of quid'

On 23/06/2022 at 18:53, Hedgecutter said:

McDonald's' whole "order ahead using our app" p*sh.

Try to order 'ahead' and it says that you have to be beside an outlet for it to work.  Other than not having to touch the screens inside (where you have to go to collect your order anyway), what's the fvcking point in that?

Reward points for coffee