Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Being excited about setting off on holiday only to realise your first stop is Perth fucking Broxden.

He's on a mystery tour....

..of the Perth one way system.

Which is a petty thing that gets on my nerves.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Last time I was on one of them we had a sweep to guess where we would end up.

The driver won.

My dad used to drive those coaches. One tour started in Leven* and all the old folk were chattering as they got on at the front. One old dear was blethering to her pal wondering where they were going and her pal said "Ask the driver". At which, her grumpy husband behind her said "He'll no know, it's a bloody mystery tour woman"

* It was Anstruther. It was always Anstruther. 

My dad used to drive those coaches. One tour started in Leven* and all the old folk were chattering as they got on at the front. One old dear was blethering to her pal wondering where they were going and her pal said "Ask the driver". At which, her grumpy husband behind her said "He'll no know, it's a bloody mystery tour woman"

Guy I know that stayed in musselburgh was on holiday somewhere round about york can't remember precisely, his mrs booked a mystery tour for a day when they were there, it took them to Edinburgh. Safe to say he was seething.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Guy I know that stayed in musselburgh was on holiday somewhere round about york can't remember precisely, his mrs booked a mystery tour for a day when they were there, it took them to Edinburgh. Safe to say he was seething.

That sounds like an urban myth. A guy I used to work beside claimed that happened to his sister.

That sounds like an urban myth. A guy I used to work beside claimed that happened to his sister.
I agree he was probably talking pish, he claimed it happened before he started at the work, funny story nonetheless and no doubt has happened to someone.

2 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Folk sitting alone in busy pubs at table for 4 when there are smaller tables and bar seats available.

The big question:  He/she says that they have three friends coming along in a bit, all whilst your group of four are there in person, looking for a table.

Do you say fair enough, or is it up there with somebody leaving their towel on a sun-lounger?

The good news : the Cooncil have surfaced a potholed road just outside town.

The bad news : it wasn't scraped and resurfaced - just topped off so, instead of potholes there are sunken drain covers now inches below the level of the road which replace the impact of driving over the potholes. Like potholes they can be avoided but only by driving on the wrong side of the road, which is not always a good option.

No surprise that this thread is on page 6869

I work in a bar and tonight I've already been asked for a Smice and VBL. Why the f**k can today's youth not call drinks by what they actually are. Morons. 

They get all of their information from Tik Tok and small-form media. Smaller words and abbreviations are paramount.

21 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I work in a bar and tonight I've already been asked for a Smice and VBL. Why the f**k can today's youth not call drinks by what they actually are. Morons. 

19 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

They get all of their information from Tik Tok and small-form media. Smaller words and abbreviations are paramount.

Tbf a Smirnoff Ice was a smice about 20 (twinty) odd years ago when they first came out. 

I bet there are chaps who were having a heid's gone about the youth of today when "God be with you" was getting abbreviated to "goodbye". 

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

VBL and a pint of Venom please barkeep