Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Is that the stuff that was like greaseproof paper? They were still using that at the first primary school I went to.

Didn't take long to work out that you hold your shites in until you get home but, in hindsight, you have to feel for the girls.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Is that the stuff that was like greaseproof paper? They were still using that at the first primary school I went to.

Didn't take long to work out that you hold your shites in until you get home but, in hindsight, you have to feel for the girls.

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

Restaurants that have a booking system where you choose your time slot. If no slots available you fill out the request section with your preferred time, send it, get an immediate reply saying thank you, a member of staff will reply shortly. And of course they don't. 

Aye, that's you The Seaforth in Ullapool. Twats.

41 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Restaurants that have a booking system where you choose your time slot. If no slots available you fill out the request section with your preferred time, send it, get an immediate reply saying thank you, a member of staff will reply shortly. And of course they don't. 

Aye, that's you The Seaforth in Ullapool. Twats.

I tried to book a hotel room in Ullapool a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't a single room available at any price, place has gone mad. Re restaurant booking, I always phone up, usually because there's a wheelchair with us but I don't trust these online systems anyway.

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I tried to book a hotel room in Ullapool a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't a single room available at any price, place has gone mad. Re restaurant booking, I always phone up, usually because there's a wheelchair with us but I don't trust these online systems anyway.

Inverness is daft just now too -

image.thumb.png.d441611d321544b71a1a010ea840da9c.png

That's room only, another £11 for breakfast. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

place has gone mad.

It really has. I noticed the Ferry Boat Inn has an A4 sheet of staff vacancies in their window, so I guess that might be the same for other places in town. Ah well, nothing like having a fish supper in a cold and wet Ullapool Saturday night.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Inverness is daft just now too -

image.thumb.png.d441611d321544b71a1a010ea840da9c.png

That's room only, another £11 for breakfast. 

I've been trying to book an Airbnb for the overflow of a big family gathering in September, mental prices, hardly anything under £250 per night. Still, cheaper than hotel rooms.

21 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
On 18/06/2022 at 21:05, Craig the Hunter said:
Went to upgrade my phone today but due to a quirk with my address (it's sometimes listed as Flat C and sometimes as Flat 3 depending on what system a company uses) the verification checks failed. Now have had to send in documents to prove I am.who I say I am and gonna need to go back to sort the upgrade through the week at some point. Not a big deal having to wait a few days in the grand scheme of things, but majorly inconvenient and I was pretty irritated at the time.

Would it not be easier to do it in the shop?

That was me going into the shop. They couldn't accept my ID in store, had to upload it to a link they sent me, to which I've yet to hear back from them. I'll pop back in after work on Friday and see if they've sorted it. It's a pain in the arse.

That was me going into the shop. They couldn't accept my ID in store, had to upload it to a link they sent me, to which I've yet to hear back from them. I'll pop back in after work on Friday and see if they've sorted it. It's a pain in the arse.
That's nonce sense. With which operator was this?

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
11 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

That's nonce sense. With which operator was this?

Vodafone. Never had a problem with them before, but this has almost been enough for me to look elsewhere. Any problems when I go back and I'll be doing just that.

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Folk wanting sponsored so they can go to another continent and run a marathon for charity.

Just run the marathon at home and give what you would have spent on flights, et cetera to charity instead.

I'm doing the Vätternrundan next year. I'll put you down for £1 a km, aye?