Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Had cause to stay in a Premier Inn last night. (Still here). 

A dispenser with wee toilet paper squares in the bathroom.  WTAF? I bet Lenny Henry doesn’t use them. 

Aye, he uses the scripts for his act 

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They stopped daily cleaning for Covid and I suppose they haven't bothered starting again. I much prefer it when they keep clear myself, I can't be arsed having to tidy up and hide valuables every time I leave the room in case somebody comes in to service it. 

Jazz mags I reckon..?

I've just spent half an hour attempting to find a way to view/print a Word document in B&W, and still haven't had any success.  Never had an issue until my new laptop took the decision to update to Windows 11 (even though I was told that it would be an option), now the functionality appears to have disappeared.  Adobe viewer gives the option, just not Word.

How the f*** can developers make something so basic so difficult to find?

"will anybody ever want to preview a document in B&W?"

"nah, let's focus on f***ing up some other once-useful option instead"

Edited by Hedgecutter

Went to upgrade my phone today but due to a quirk with my address (it's sometimes listed as Flat C and sometimes as Flat 3 depending on what system a company uses) the verification checks failed. Now have had to send in documents to prove I am.who I say I am and gonna need to go back to sort the upgrade through the week at some point. Not a big deal having to wait a few days in the grand scheme of things, but majorly inconvenient and I was pretty irritated at the time.
Would it not be easier to do it in the shop?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've just spent half an hour attempting to find a way to view/print a Word document in B&W, and still haven't had any success.  Never had an issue until my new laptop took the decision to update to Windows 11 (even though I was told that it would be an option), now the functionality appears to have disappeared.  Adobe viewer gives the option, just not Word.

How the f*** can developers make something so basic so difficult to find?

"will anybody ever want to preview a document in B&W?"

"nah, let's focus on f***ing up some other once-useful option instead"

It has been going down hill ever since they peaked with Windows 98 2nd edition. 

8 hours ago, alta-pete said:

A dispenser with wee toilet paper squares in the bathroom.  WTAF? I bet Lenny Henry doesn’t use them. 

It would have been a problem years ago, he used to have a big arse but got divorced.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

It has been going down hill ever since they peaked with Windows 98 2nd edition. 

For sure.

When I packed in working at the College I obviously had to hand back the HP Laptop.

The old Laptop I used at home (Daughters hand me down) basically gave up, so I took the plunge and bought a Chromebook.

For sure it's different and in no way perfect, but overall I'm happy to be 'Windows free' at a fraction of the cost.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

"Plant based".

I saw something in the shop the other day that was vegan chicken. Why even call it chicken, surely you're just perpetuating the concept of eating animals as acceptable?

I get why you'd call something "chicken flavoured" or why you'd have vegan sausage rolls or burgers but calling it vegan chicken struck me as a bit odd they should come up with their own names imgho. 

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I get why you'd call something "chicken flavoured" or why you'd have vegan sausage rolls or burgers but calling it vegan chicken struck me as a bit odd they should come up with their own names imgho. 

"The Vegan Chicken Impersonators" ??

15 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I can't believe it's not fowl?

40 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

I saw something in the shop the other day that was vegan chicken. Why even call it chicken, surely you're just perpetuating the concept of eating animals as acceptable?

Meat folk do this too.

Chicken fillet on a roll isn't a burger it's a chicken fillet on a roll.

The shite minced up arse and beaks in a mcchicken sandwich are a burgers that gets a pass. 

12 hours ago, alta-pete said:

On the bizarre toilet paper theme, I was in Cineworld earlier, and each sheet was about three times the length of a normal bit, but significantly thinner. On folding it twice, it almost resembled a normal bit.

I have no idea why anyone would design it that way

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

On the bizarre toilet paper theme, I was in Cineworld earlier, and each sheet was about three times the length of a normal bit, but significantly thinner. On folding it twice, it almost resembled a normal bit.

Be thankful you're not a child of the 60s where lavvy paper in primary school was the "use both sides" IZAL variety.  Sandpaper to wan's erse.

Even the teddy is unimpressed with mother's choice  😮

Vintage 50s Advert for Izal Toilet Roll | Etsy Ireland

50 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Everything is widescreen these days.

2 hours ago, hearthammer said:

Be thankful you're not a child of the 60s where lavvy paper in primary school was the "use both sides" IZAL variety.  Sandpaper to wan's erse.

Even the teddy is unimpressed with mother's choice  😮

John Wayne paper! Didn't take shit off anybody.