Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I’ve seen a few videos recently on social media of the ‘Celtic Convention’ in Las Vegas. What a bunch of absolute freaks. 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

The type of person who would pay all that money to go to Vegas to go to that needs put on a list somewhere. Or put down for their own (and society’s) good.

57 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I’ve seen a few videos recently on social media of the ‘Celtic Convention’ in Las Vegas. What a bunch of absolute freaks. 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

The type of person who would pay all that money to go to Vegas to go to that needs put on a list somewhere. Or put down for their own (and society’s) good.

I know someone who was at the Rangers one in Las Vegas too. A change of colour scheme looks like the only difference.

I recently split from a relationship and tried to sever all ties. I had to unblock her last night to ask she get in touch with one of her friends as they were in a right state last night. She messaged this morning to say she needs to get a pregnancy test, I asked her to let me know the result and hopefully she gets the result she wants. She replied "I'm not interested in speaking to you". I replied - okay, take care and please be careful who you are talking to.

She has turned up at my door (acting calmly) saying I am threatening her and telling me to leave her alone.

This has completely done me. I don't want to phone people and get others involved. I feel stupid writing it here but seriously - what the fucking hell is that all about? My head's completely gone and I'm now struggling not to just go out and get absolutely fucking blootered to deal with this.

Edit : reading it back. She's been blocked for nearly five days. We have exchanged about six messages between us since then and she has left her house and drove to mines to tell me to leave her alone. I'm fucked like.

Edited by Mr. Alli

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I recently split from a relationship and tried to sever all ties. I had to unblock her last night to ask she get in touch with one of her friends as they were in a right state last night. She messaged this morning to say she needs to get a pregnancy test, I asked her to let me know the result and hopefully she gets the result she wants. She replied "I'm not interested in speaking to you". I replied - okay, take care and please be careful who you are talking to.

She has turned up at my door (acting calmly) saying I am threatening her and telling me to leave her alone.

This has completely done me. I don't want to phone people and get others involved. I feel stupid writing it here but seriously - what the fucking hell is that all about? My head's completely gone and I'm now struggling not to just go out and get absolutely fucking blootered to deal with this.

Edit : reading it back. She's been blocked for nearly five days. We have exchanged about six messages between us since then and she has left her house and drove to mines to tell me to leave her alone. I'm fucked like.

You have to be as good as your plan and block her out. Obviously, if she comes to your door thats hard, but you cant keep going back to having some sort of contact with her, then ignoring, then back again. You are going to have to freeze her out as a part of the toxicity you are trying to get away from. People who were involved in that version of you will not let that version of you go. The version you want doesn't exist to them and they are not invested in letting you make it. 

No good can come of continued contact. Ruthless ignore. 

Went to upgrade my phone today but due to a quirk with my address (it's sometimes listed as Flat C and sometimes as Flat 3 depending on what system a company uses) the verification checks failed. Now have had to send in documents to prove I am.who I say I am and gonna need to go back to sort the upgrade through the week at some point. Not a big deal having to wait a few days in the grand scheme of things, but majorly inconvenient and I was pretty irritated at the time.

9 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't know if this is the same person you've had problems like this with before but you're not in the wrong. You've got no reason to feel bad or make yourself worse by going off and ending up in the state you were in last weekend. I agree with Bairnardo.

12 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't know if this is the same person you've had problems like this with before but you're not in the wrong. You've got no reason to feel bad or make yourself worse by going off and ending up in the state you were in last weekend. I agree with Bairnardo.

This is interesting and speaks of having somehow to be the victor.

There is no digital logic in these situations, only the sometimes painful realisation that it is time to learn and leave.

25 minutes ago, sophia said:

There is no digital logic in these situations, only the sometimes painful realisation that it is time to learn and leave.

Whilst your point is valid, it often can be very important to recognise that things that happen are not someone's fault. Many issues are not binary and have fault on both sides, but some things can be the fault of one party, even if the other party had no idea before.

Mr Alli, going by his post, tried to do what he thought was right (and I would agree with his actions), but it turned out a bit shit for him. I don't think he did anything wrong.

@Mr. Alli, your reaction is a very standard one and nothing to ashamed of. If you did get fucked up to help deal with, don't beat yourself up about it. See it as a setback on the road to recovery. Folk who recover from addiction issues or dependency issues don't just decide one day to get better and never do it again. It's a process and it takes time and commitment, and almost everyone will 'relapse' at some point. That happens and it's part of the process for the vast majority of folk. It's not a linear path; it isn't "thanks, I'm cured". It's an ongoing process. With time it does get easier and the cravings reduce, and the want to medicate with your drug of choice lessens, but it takes effort always. If you slip up it just means you're human. As long as you keep working towards your goal, it's all good.

On 16/06/2022 at 18:14, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Only 11 more days of milfy gym slags at the school gates.

Then gone forever.

Is this some sort of serial killer confession?

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Stay tuned and find out on 30th June.

Dundee Courier might run the story.

I'll wait for the Netflix documentary. Then I'll be like...

Pointing Leonardo Di Caprio GIF - Pointing Leonardo Di Caprio Once Upon A Time In Hollywood GIFs

10 hours ago, sophia said:

I don't see it that way - just that Mr. Alli has nothing to feel guilty about. Nothing to do with winning or losing the argument.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Had cause to stay in a Premier Inn last night. (Still here). 

A dispenser with wee toilet paper squares in the bathroom.  WTAF? I bet Lenny Henry doesn’t use them. 

I had to spend the weekend in one at the end of April. When we got back to the room on the Saturday evening it hadn't been made up - stuff I'd put in the waste bin in the bathroom was still there. On the Sunday morning my room-mate wasn't well so had to stay in bed until dinner time; we put the DO NOT DISTURB sign up, so they left him in peace. Checked out on the Monday so presumably they sorted it out for the next poor b*****d guest, but they were never over the door the whole time we were there.

2 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Had cause to stay in a Premier Inn last night. (Still here). 

A dispenser with wee toilet paper squares in the bathroom.  WTAF? I bet Lenny Henry doesn’t use them. 

Same.  I brought my own shit tickets though.

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I had to spend the weekend in one at the end of April. When we got back to the room on the Saturday evening it hadn't been made up - stuff I'd put in the waste bin in the bathroom was still there. On the Sunday morning my room-mate wasn't well so had to stay in bed until dinner time; we put the DO NOT DISTURB sign up, so they left him in peace. Checked out on the Monday so presumably they sorted it out for the next poor b*****d guest, but they were never over the door the whole time we were there.

They stopped daily cleaning for Covid and I suppose they haven't bothered starting again. I much prefer it when they keep clear myself, I can't be arsed having to tidy up and hide valuables every time I leave the room in case somebody comes in to service it.