Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

15 minutes ago, Empty It said:

People that walk horses through towns and they just leave massive mounds of shite everywhere, they should have to return later and clean it up instead of just leaving it.

I'm with you on that one. At least if the horses shit it's good for the roses.

These feckin things almost killed me many moons ago.

Sharp edged when crunched and it got wedged in my throat.

Vague memories of being 'battered' on the back, then held upside down whilst still being battered until it came adrift.

cache.jpeg.ebf73f9eb56f0a0ffada45f848c33596.jpeg

Never new there was a 'gay' reference? 

Especially now I've already typed 'wedged in my throat'

:unsure:

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

People that walk horses through towns and they just leave massive mounds of shite everywhere, they should have to return later and clean it up instead of just leaving it.

Which town? My rhubarb is needing some loving treatment. 

When there were milk horses in Edinburgh folk used to scoop up the horseshit for their gardens. 

1 hour ago, broon-loon said:

Vague memories of being 'battered' on the back, then held upside down whilst still being battered until it came adrift.

Nothing worse than having a big gay sweetie stuck in your throat.

As part of a process for a new job they require a 5 year background history, this has all been smooth apart from trying to get Universal Credit to send proof of a previous claim that I've had. Passed from call centre to call centre. Follow the government.uk website and they say UC should send out a letter upon request. 2 weeks later someone phones me today and says I need to travel in to get the proof, tell them that's not the case and I live in a rural location to which they started disputing this. 10 minutes later someone phones me and says they can send it out. I've spoken to about 8 people before someone actually followed their process. 

20 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Yaaaasss boys.

My favourite argument on here.

Mon eh North East!

One of my favourites as well, and the correct answer is, was and forever will be...

Bahrain's first Scottish-style fish 'n' chip shop to open this week | Time  Out Bahrain

22 hours ago, broon-loon said:

I had a vague, irrational hatred of Nestle Crunch bars until I was about twelve years old, despite never having tried one (that I remembered).

I got one from a vending machine one day out of curiosity, and a memory jumped back as soon as I tasted it. I'd been leaving a supermarket with my mum when I was very young, and she'd given me a wee Crunch bar on the way out. I took a bite right as I met my first ever automatic door at the exit, which scared the pants off me and caused me to inhale the chocolate. For about a decade, I'd been subconsciously harbouring the feeling that a bar of chocolate had tried to choke me to death  :lol:

28 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I had a vague, irrational hatred of Nestle Crunch bars until I was about twelve years old, despite never having tried one (that I remembered).

I got one from a vending machine one day out of curiosity, and a memory jumped back as soon as I tasted it. I'd been leaving a supermarket with my mum when I was very young, and she'd given me a wee Crunch bar on the way out. I took a bite right as I met my first ever automatic door at the exit, which scared the pants off me and caused me to inhale the chocolate. For about a decade, I'd been subconsciously harbouring the feeling that a bar of chocolate had tried to choke me to death  :lol:

Crunch Bar and a big mug of builder's tea........😍

On 06/06/2022 at 21:57, broon-loon said:

When I was about 7 or 8 I got a shard of one of those lodged in my throat.

Back in the 70s there was no such thing as a school nurse so the receptionist plied me with cup after cup of weak, lukewarm tea in an effort to dissolve the fruity asphyxiator.

To this day I can't even stand the smell of tea, never mind its taste.