Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I thought there might be a hygiene issue or does nobody care these days? 

Not in cafes. Restaurants are dog free except for service dogs, but there are cafes now that actively encourage dogs (I swear there is now such a drink as a puppycino). There are at least two such cafes up here. This one (Cult of Coffee) isn't a dog cafe, but they do show up a lot.

Dog owners are a largely sensible bunch, and dogs are great, but I feel there is an expectation to be utterly charmed by a'body's dug.

10 minutes ago, velo army said:

Not in cafes. Restaurants are dog free except for service dogs, but there are cafes now that actively encourage dogs (I swear there is now such a drink as a puppycino). There are at least two such cafes up here. This one (Cult of Coffee) isn't a dog cafe, but they do show up a lot.

Dog owners are a largely sensible bunch, and dogs are great, but I feel there is an expectation to be utterly charmed by a'body's dug.

My local pub (or "bar and bottle shop") as it seems to be known, is very dog-friendly to the extent that the owner keeps a big jar of snacks behind the bar for any mutt that finds itself in the premises. One lass comes in and lifts her shih tzu/Yorkshire terrier cross, which I have telt her must mean it's called a shit terrier, onto the bar and waits for it to be fawned over by the patrons. It's a pleasant enough canine but someone (and no doubt it's going to be me after one too many) needs to tell her that not everybody thinks the sun shines out of her pet's arse and get it off the fucking bar.

9 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

My local pub (or "bar and bottle shop") as it seems to be known, is very dog-friendly to the extent that the owner keeps a big jar of snacks behind the bar for any mutt that finds itself in the premises. One lass comes in and lifts her shih tzu/Yorkshire terrier cross, which I have telt her must mean it's called a shit terrier, onto the bar and waits for it to be fawned over by the patrons. It's a pleasant enough canine but someone (and no doubt it's going to be me after one too many) needs to tell her that not everybody thinks the sun shines out of her pet's arse and get it off the fucking bar.

Yorkies are fucking awful dogs too. Not a huge fan of any wee yaps, but I'm utterly baffled why anyone would enjoy having one of those in their house. 

For some reason I'm imagining said dog owner having lip filler, fake nails and sunglasses that cover half her face. Am I close?

Normal Walkers Cheese & Onion are in a blue packet, yet their Squares are green.
I swear they changed it years ago (can't remember why) from blue being salt and vinegar and green being cheese and onion (like every other packet of crisps).

18 minutes ago, velo army said:

For some reason I'm imagining said dog owner having lip filler, fake nails and sunglasses that cover half her face. Am I close?

Quite the opposite, although I see why you've reached that conclusion.

Imagine Greta Thunberg in 10 years' time and you're pretty much there...

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
21 minutes ago, Venti said:
Normal Walkers Cheese & Onion are in a blue packet, yet their Squares are green.

I swear they changed it years ago (can't remember why) from blue being salt and vinegar and green being cheese and onion (like every other packet of crisps).

You‘re getting mixed up between Golden Wonder & Walkers.

Walkers, S&V = Green. C&O = Blue. 
Golden Wonder, vice versa. 

Many years ago, used to work for an ink-manufacturer & had to quality-control the various shades before approving them for shipment to the packaging printers. 

5 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Quite the opposite, although I see why you've reached that conclusion.

Imagine Greta Thunberg in 10 years' time and you're pretty much there...

Aye my rational brain was telling me I was wrong as this sounds like a very hipstery place. 

10 minutes ago, Empty It said:
29 minutes ago, Venti said:

They did, the swine. 

Cheese and onion should always be green. Walkers have just turned up and upset the whole system. Anarchists. 

Salt is white, vinegar is colourless. No need for S&V to be blue.

Walkers changed their C&V to blue while I was in high school (I left in 2000). I know this is PTTGOYN but surely there's a statute of limitations.

Just now, velo army said:

Walkers changed their C&V to blue while I was in high school (I left in 2000). I know this is PTTGOYN but surely there's a statute of limitations.

Cheese and vinegar?

34 minutes ago, German Jag said:

You‘re getting mixed up between Golden Wonder & Walkers.

Walkers, S&V = Green. C&O = Blue. 
Golden Wonder, vice versa. 

Many years ago, used to work for an ink-manufacturer & had to quality-control the various shades before approving them for shipment to the packaging printers. 

Square Walkers Cheese & Onion are green.image.thumb.jpeg.9774c5fc50928dd9e80b975319d392a8.jpeg

41 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye my rational brain was telling me I was wrong as this sounds like a very hipstery place. 

If it was overly hipster-friendly I'd avoid it like a covers band. You do get the occasional craft beer w****r in there but the beer itself is magnificent and that's the prime consideration. :)

There were a few pretentious arseholes frequenting the place when it first opened, dishing out the Untappd ratings no doubt. One couple described themselves as "beer tourists". 😆 

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

Salt and vinegar is suppose to represent the essence of chippers.  Chippers are mostly coloured blue (look it up, FACT).

Anyway the public have spoken.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyle/articles-reports/2016/10/28/walkers-crisp-packet-colours-are-wrong-way-round-s

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Salt and vinegar is suppose to represent the essence of chippers.  Chippers are mostly coloured blue (look it up, FACT).

Anyway the public have spoken.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/lifestyle/articles-reports/2016/10/28/walkers-crisp-packet-colours-are-wrong-way-round-s

Chippers are orange

Timberwolf-Gravity-Wood-Chipper-Category

Only absolute old c***s moan about cheese and onion being blue. It's what I associate with cheese and onion now.

Like those people that still try to insist a Snickers is called a Marathon. It's been called a Snickers for about 30 year and still some demand that it be called a Marathon to the point that Mars even rebranded for a bit as a gimmick.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Like those people that still try to insist a Snickers is called a Marathon. It's been called a Snickers for about 30 year and still some demand that it be called a Marathon to the point that Mars even rebranded for a bit as a gimmick.

Its nothing remotely like that given that the vast majority of crisp brands C&O packets are green. 

Its petty, yes, but take a look at the thread title.