Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

And if you don't have the app, or a smartphone, or a smartphone on your person 24/7?

Then you won't know until ages later. With an app you can freeze your card right away.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We're becoming far, far too dependant on our phones.

Wait, you see being able to have the option to get alerts for financial transactions as a bad thing?!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Then you won't know until ages later. With an app you can freeze your card right away.

Wait, you see being able to have the option to get alerts for financial transactions as a bad thing?!

It sounded like you had to authorise every single transaction. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

It sounded like you had to authorise every single transaction. 

Haha, no, I wouldn't sign up for that! Would be a pain in the arse.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes.  I could have got a lot more when I cloned @pozbaird’s card if he didn’t have some shitey app.

Downloaded the RBS app out of boredom the other week and it's forcing me to confirm every pishy £5 internet purchase, nothing at all when I had to pay £550 today to get the car through its MOT and service.

49 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

And toilets

Speak for yourself.

It's that old capital tradition of gardy loo for me.

If I do it at work I could see if I can hit a tourist from above

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Speak for yourself.

It's that old capital tradition of gardy loo for me.

If I do it at work I could see if I can hit a tourist from above

What, angels?

17 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We're becoming far, far too dependant on our phones.

12 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

And toilets

Aaah, for the days before mobiles when public phone boxes combined both needs.......

Firms that jump on the current bandwagon to try and shift their crap, despite their crap having no relevance to the bandwagon.

2 examples I've already come across today - Verisure, who are apparently giving a "jubilee discount", then a radio ad for SCS, which I can paraphrase as "celebrate the jubilee by buying a couch!!".

Ddint put this in the terrible journalism thread because it a #Barclays article, but i've ranted about this before, look at the fucking nick of this headline compared to what Edinson Cavani actually said.....

Edinson Cavani sends "bitter" parting message to Man Utd after being branded "disgrace"

“I sincerely have nothing but words of gratitude towards the fans and supporters of Manchester United,” he told the club’s media team. “Honestly, they have shown me a lot of respect from the very first moment I arrived. I think they’ve greatly recognised all the hard work I’ve always tried to put in in the best way possible, giving my best for this team.

“I really am very grateful, and I’ll be leaving here with a happy memory of that affection they showed me and always displayed.”

Cavani added: “I wanted to contribute more this season. One of the things that has left me with a slightly bitter taste is that when we had a highly enjoyable and pretty decent [2020/21] season, we weren’t able to have the supporters along with us.

“And now, this season, with the fans coming back into the grounds and stadiums, I haven’t really been able to have the kind of campaign, if I’m being honest, on a personal front that I would really have liked.

“Where I would have been able to score the kind of goals I did last season, and then be celebrating them a bit more with the fans - the kind of stuff that it’s great for a forward or a striker to be doing.

“But I want to sincerely thank the fans from the bottom of my heart, because they have always shown me a lot of affection, and that is very important for a footballer.”

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Concentration required, I expect ? Assuming you're not on mod duty tonight, get a couple of stiff drams in and get to your scratcher. HTH.

No concentration required in fact most of the time we end up watching Youtube videos by the end of it,one of the guys fell asleep last year and the trainer just left him.

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

7 hours CPC training tomorrow starting at 7am😪

is this HGV/LGV related..?

Just wondering as I have a C+E licence but need to do the 35 hour Driver CPC - if I was to get a job as an HGV Driver.

I needed the licence years ago for a vehicle we used but I've never been employed as a driver.

Not sure whether to go through the 35 hour course, then sign up for some agency work whilst the licence is still valid?

Ignore if nothing to do with Driver CPC...😄

8 hours ago, broon-loon said:

is this HGV/LGV related..?

Just wondering as I have a C+E licence but need to do the 35 hour Driver CPC - if I was to get a job as an HGV Driver.

I needed the licence years ago for a vehicle we used but I've never been employed as a driver.

Not sure whether to go through the 35 hour course, then sign up for some agency work whilst the licence is still valid?

Ignore if nothing to do with Driver CPC...😄

Yes I drive a 7.5t van and need to do 35 hours over a 5 year period.