Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm a gardener, I wear headphones to listen to music/podcasts/books then ear defenders to cut out the drone of the machines whilst cutting grass, cutting hedges etc.

The amount of people that start talking to me whilst the machine is running whilst listening to music and wearing ear defenders is infuriating.

"Hold on I can't hear you"

Switches off equipment.

"Hold on I still can't hear you"

Takes off ear defenders.

"Hold on I still can't hear you"

Pauses audio.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Enjoying a pleasant evening farting until you gas yourself to sleep only to be interrupted by your insides saying to you - the next one ain't no fart, son. Countdowns on, 15 seconds to go. 

And you can never go back to that restaurant again.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Arriving in time at the airport only to find my flight has been cancelled. 

Cnuts. 

Hope you're screwing them for everything you're entitled to, including an alternative flight from another airline, hotel and meals, plus around £400 for your inconvenience.

Edited by welshbairn

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hope you're screwing them for everything you're entitled to, including an alternative flight from another airline, hotel and meals, plus around £400 for your inconvenience.

Unless it is Ryanair who will offer you a packet of out of date crisps.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Have just done two long flights (non-overnight) flights in 24 hours and folk who recline their seats in Economy are a PTTGOMN. It is uncomfortable enough sitting their for 8 hours without someone putting the back of their seat 4 inches from my face. 

1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:

Have just done two long flights (non-overnight) flights in 24 hours and folk who recline their seats in Economy are a PTTGOMN. It is uncomfortable enough sitting their for 8 hours without someone putting the back of their seat 4 inches from my face. 

Potential for widespread disagreement, but im on your side. Selfish twats. 

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Unless it is Ryanair who will offer you a packet of out of date crisps.

I know someone who is in this hell right now.

Their flights were cancelled and no alternative given, so the law states that you are entitled to book with another airline.

However, my friend is in a never ending loop of phone calls, being told to use online forms, forms which are in the wrong format or dont exist, phone calls again to go into another loop. They are not making it simple and it seems engineered that way.

This is someone who spent £400 on the Ryanair flights, but (partly because Ryanair canned the flights) the only alternative - BA - flights cost £2000.

Its almost like they are doing it on purpose...................

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I know someone who is in this hell right now.

I went through the same shite with EasyJet on Smeato day. Ibiza Airport was closed for unknown bag to be blown up, worried we wouldn't get home. Went for a bite to eat later and was told airport was open - happy days. Where are you flying? Glasgow. No chance. 

Long story short EasyJet at Airport said "pay and book with us, we will reimburse you. Go with another airline you get nothing." There was flights to both Leeds and Manchester leaving soon with other airlines but EasyJet reassured us so we booked two to London, waited 4hrs for the flights then another 10hrs on a train. Got home, called for refunds.. Act of terrorism. You get nothing. 

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The professor's a patient soul.

image.png.eef7c16683dfada084c4b9ea22670147.png

I have to give him credit. We're dealing with an extremely serious case of plagiarism which has involved the two of us on the phone to Turnitin amongst other things to work out technically how something was done. Like me, he is a zealot about cheating and is the only colleague I have that is willing to delve bloody deep info PDF macros to work stuff out (I was the only one before).

He called me yesterday on Teams to discuss this case - from his timeshare. 

Jobsworth at my local swimming pool who hunted my boy out out of the wee kids pool while he was waiting for his lesson to start. Reason being " he needs to have an adult in the water with him" , despite him being within arm's reach of me , water up to his shin and in 5 mins he'll be swimming lengths unaided in the big pool !