Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Big team found, scottsdad ?

Not at all.

In fact, I have never even spoken to this guy before. Had no interaction with him whatsoever. And straight away he assumes I am a cream bun. Bit worried now that I am giving off some kind of vibe. 

1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:

Yep. They seem to be the go-to accessory for the travelling ned. 

Indeed.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, HK Hibee said:
Yep. They seem to be the go-to accessory for the travelling ned. 

Aye changed days. If I went to school with a handbag like they do I'd have had the pish ripped right out of me.

Likewise.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If you're referring to this sort of thing:

Mens - S Boy Bum Bag in Black Diamond Aop | Superdry

I first saw these one year when it was Liam Gallagher day at TRNSMT. The whole city centre full of children wearing these things. I thought I'd entered a parallel universe because there's no way anyone - of any age or gender - should have been wearing those. Yet here they were. 

Yes and no. The ones that appeared so popular last night had an almost handbag type strap, but there were also plenty of examples, in both ends, of the sort in that photo.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Do you have a whiney nasal voice and refer to peepo of both sexes as 'Bigman' ?

Do you have various images of members of the Saxe-Coburg Gotha tribe on your office wall ?

Do you subconsciously whistle 'The Sash' as you meander the corridors of Academe ?

Do you encourage your postgrads with the exclamation 'No surrender !' ?

Do you wear 'The Brown Brogues of Staunchness' to work ?

If the answer to any of the above is 'Yes', you just might be a hvn.

No, I don't work at Strathclyde Uni. 

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Some lowlife scumbag has given me an old (round) pound coin in my change.  😠

(cash is dead, yada yada yada)

Shameful. Everyone knows that you palm them off to charity shops in a suspiciously large handful of change.

Those wee sachets of red or brown sauce you get in some cafes. ‘Tear here’. Tear here my arse. You tear it, bite it, hit it with a hammer…. Fcuking thing still won’t open.
This is why they give you a fork, bud. Unless you're having a roll, of course, in which case...f**k aye!

[emoji846]

On 19/05/2022 at 14:56, scottsdad said:

Not at all.

In fact, I have never even spoken to this guy before. Had no interaction with him whatsoever. And straight away he assumes I am a cream bun. Bit worried now that I am giving off some kind of vibe. 

Your name wouldn't happen to be William Boyne? 

The way some from the Central Belt add in 'you' randomly in words.

Was listening to Radio Scotland yesterday and a woman was on talking about the Scotrail timetable and she was repeatedly saying 'Absolutely' but she pronounced it 'Absol-you-tley'.

It's the same when some Central Belt politicians pronounce 'Devolution' as 'Devol-you-tion'.

Why is this? It is really fuckin' annoying.

42 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The way some from the Central Belt add in 'you' randomly in words.

Was listening to Radio Scotland yesterday and a woman was on talking about the Scotrail timetable and she was repeatedly saying 'Absolutely' but she pronounced it 'Absol-you-tley'.

It's the same when some Central Belt politicians pronounce 'Devolution' as 'Devol-you-tion'.

Why is this? It is really fuckin' annoying.

You'd better not listen to Off the Ball then...... Cosgrove's pronunciation of restaurant will definitely get on your nerves ......rest-you-raunt