Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

I have it on good authority that, while they are indeed quite dandy, dandelions are not in fact lions. 

But dandelion is from the French dent-de-lion (teeth of the lion), named after the jagged shape of the leaves, so chew on that.

4 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

But dandelion is from the French dent-de-lion (teeth of the lion), named after the jagged shape of the leaves, so chew on that.

pee-the-bed is a name for them in England given the diuretic properties of dandelions. 

6 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Colleague left work with a cheerful "Mind and cheer on the rangers tonight!" shouted in my door as he walked past.

No, I absolutely will fucking not.

Should have posted this in the Reasons to be cheerful thread.

Think of all the folk waking up this morning with loser flags hanging from poles and windows. Slowly bringing them in, tidying them away to be kept in a cupboard for 50 more years. All with a tear running down a cheek. 

6 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Think of all the folk waking up this morning with loser flags hanging from poles and windows. Slowly bringing them in, tidying them away to be kept in a cupboard for 50 more years. All with a tear running down a cheek. 

This isn't petty. It's glorious.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Why 50 years?

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just phoned a guy I had an appointment with. I introduced myself and he said:

"How was Seville?"

What the actual f**k? 

Aaron Ramsay alias found.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Some lowlife scumbag has given me an old (round) pound coin in my change.  😠

(cash is dead, yada yada yada)

Asda self service tills are your friend. They also still accept paper notes.

Yep. They seem to be the go-to accessory for the travelling ned. 
Aye changed days. If I went to school with a handbag like they do I'd have had the pish ripped right out of me.

If you're referring to this sort of thing:

Mens - S Boy Bum Bag in Black Diamond Aop | Superdry

I first saw these one year when it was Liam Gallagher day at TRNSMT. The whole city centre full of children wearing these things. I thought I'd entered a parallel universe because there's no way anyone - of any age or gender - should have been wearing those. Yet here they were.