Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 14/05/2022 at 10:35, Newbornbairn said:

20220514_111114.thumb.jpg.4dfd7b04dab52dea8b8721d2e824f1bd.jpgThere's Brexit for you. Alicante Airport. Queue on the left for passport control is for the Brits. The one on the right is for EU citizens. Most of the people on the right are Brits too stupid to know what's going on. 45 minutes to get through.

#fuckBrexit and the wankers that voted for it 

You could always choose better holiday destinations that every Sun reading, full English breakfast eating c***s aren't going to. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You could always choose better holiday destinations that every Sun reading, full English breakfast eating c***s aren't going to. 

Alicante is a very pleasant city and there are lots of excellent wee towns and villages within reach of that airport too. 

20 minutes ago, virginton said:

Alicante is a very pleasant city and there are lots of excellent wee towns and villages within reach of that airport too. 

I'm sure it is, that doesn't take away from the fact it's a hotspot for gammons especially in the middle of the school holidays. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sure it is, that doesn't take away from the fact it's a hotspot for gammons especially in the middle of the school holidays. 

It's an airport to an entire region of a country: you don't get to choose the other users any more than you can control a heap of stag/hen dos at your departure airport. A distinct air of snobbery/ignorance in your post. 

I'm also really not sure where it is the middle of the school holidays in mid-May tbh. 

On 14/05/2022 at 10:35, Newbornbairn said:

20220514_111114.thumb.jpg.4dfd7b04dab52dea8b8721d2e824f1bd.jpgThere's Brexit for you. Alicante Airport. Queue on the left for passport control is for the Brits. The one on the right is for EU citizens. Most of the people on the right are Brits too stupid to know what's going on. 45 minutes to get through.

#fuckBrexit and the wankers that voted for it 

I see photos like this a lot. Queues are shite, but I also feel there's a fair bit of historical revisionism going on about passport control queues prior to Brexit. They absolutely existed, and they could take a considerable time to get through depending how late you got off your plane.

They may be worse now, but not by anything like as much as is being made out.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I see photos like this a lot. Queues are shite, but I also feel there's a fair bit of historical revisionism going on about passport control queues prior to Brexit. They absolutely existed, and they could take a considerable time to get through depending how late you got off your plane.

They may be worse now, but not by anything like as much as is being made out.

It took me 2 and a half hours to get through passport control at Edinburgh Airport in April.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

It took me 2 and a half hours to get through passport control at Edinburgh Airport in April.

I'm not quite sure what relevance this has to a UK passport holder complaining about the queue for "All passports" when travelling to the EU.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not quite sure what relevance this has to a UK passport holder complaining about the queue for "All passports" when travelling to the EU.

None really.  I was just making an observation that passport queues happen here too

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

None really.  I was just making an observation that passport queues happen here too

Ah cool, gotcha.

Yeah, as far as negatives of Brexit go, they are a pretty poor example of one.

That was the queue to get out of Spain and what was stark was the difference between UK Nationals and EU. Those flying to Frankfurt and Rotterdam were just sauntering past. This queue was for Newcastle and Glasgow and for those that know Alicante airport, it started 50 yards or so from Duty Free so basically the whole departure lounge.  I've flown that route often and never seen anything like it. A combination of Brexit controls and more people travelling post-Covid I reckon.

Incidentally, both planes were delayed with passengers boarding late. 

Yahoo took over Sky emails a few years back and have decided to discontinue them.  Therefore the email address I’ve had for years is no longer usable.  Have spent ages today updating details with banks, etc.  

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yahoo took over Sky emails a few years back and have decided to discontinue them.  Therefore the email address I’ve had for years is no longer usable.  Have spent ages today updating details with banks, etc.  

I've had my AOL address since 2005. Never an issue.

14 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Thing is, there's so much competition.

100%

Which makes the recent fixation over standing in a different airport queue than the queue we used to stand in utterly bizarre.

It's likely because it's easy to take a good, illustrative picture of massive passport queues, like it is with queues of lorries in Kent, so people see it a lot and talk about it.

Doesn't explain why there are more pictures of those queues in the press than the ones outside of food banks, though.