Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 08/05/2022 at 19:42, DA Baracus said:

Get yourself one of those alarms that emit a light that gradually gets stronger shortly before the sound goes off.

What's the thinking behind these, is it supposed to wake you gently or something? I don't think I'd appreciate waking up shortly before my alarm goes off with a blinding light preventing me from catching another 10 sweet minutes of sleep.

What's the thinking behind these, is it supposed to wake you gently or something? I don't think I'd appreciate waking up shortly before my alarm goes off with a blinding light preventing me from catching another 10 sweet minutes of sleep.
I've seen myself put my bedside light on to try and help me wake up so I can see the logic tbf.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

The light comes on at a certain time before the alarm, but it's a very soft light. It gradually gets brighter the closer to the alarm time it is.

The logic is that it simulates sunrise and your body's circadian rhythm adjusts to it.

Worked wonders for me. Would highly recommend. 

Someone emailed me yesterday trying to blackmail me with nude pics of me!
Threatening to call the FBI/cops and post a load of embarrassing shite on Facebook etc. if I don’t cough up $1500.

Not going to happen!

1 hour ago, Raidernation said:

Threatening to call the FBI/cops and post a load of embarrassing shite on Facebook etc. if I don’t cough up $1500.

Not going to happen!

Best thing to do is post them on here, giving them no leverage.

2 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Not going to happen!

It begs the question......

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Not going to happen!

Too late!

E09012BE-1A31-4B58-9D8D-98AB6FC33BCB.jpeg

4 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Not going to happen!

Not going to happen... because you paid up? 

Not going to happen!
In all seriousness if it's a genuine claim get them Philipy'd

6 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Not going to happen!

The only thing you can do is post pictures of your dick on Facebook to pre-empt their attack and render it obsolete. 

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The light comes on at a certain time before the alarm, but it's a very soft light. It gradually gets brighter the closer to the alarm time it is.

The logic is that it simulates sunrise and your body's circadian rhythm adjusts to it.

Worked wonders for me. Would highly recommend. 

I was reading about this and while it's helpful for some, our body clocks work off heat, not light. Naturally we should wake up just before sunrise when the sun has raised the temperature but not it's head. Same at night, it's not darkness that makes you sleepy it's a change in temperature. It's why folk feel tired after a hot bath at night, their body heats up then rapidly decreases when they get out the bath and it kind of simulates the change in temperature. So really you're better having your heating coming on in the morning to get you up than you are a light, but if the light works then thats good!

Years back I had a stereo in my bedroom that I could set an alarm on. It would play track 1 of whatever CD I had in at the time. 

Results were varied. Some mornings getting terrified awake as some big banging tune starts thumping with no warning. Others too gentle. 

Turns out (from my experience) that the best CD for this was Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms. Track 1 is So Far Away which has a very nice, gentle intro and builds into a fairly chilled song. 

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Nobody watches it in this country, so why do the news outlets feel the need to cover the Eurovision Song Contest?

Lots of folk have a Eurovision party, I think it's a fairly entertaining evening, although the commentary is usually the best bit.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Nobody watches it in this country, so why do the news outlets feel the need to cover the Eurovision Song Contest?

I know folk who have Euro Vision parties every year. 

Edit : just seen @101 mentioned it. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

I've not watched a full eurovision since Ooh Ah Just a Little Bit finished disgracefully low down due to Europeans hating Britain. It was objectively the best song and should have won. And after all we did for them (apart from the Germans and Italians) in the war.