Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 04/05/2022 at 09:24, Shandon Par said:

Being a bit of a low-culture Luddite, having avoided daytime tv, social media beyond P&B (though o use Instagram to whore my business), Piers Morgan has passed me by. His ads are all over Sky Sports News and he looks like a sweaty, heaving mess with the complexion of corned beef. Definitely one for the Dead Pool thread before long. 

For me, he'll forever be the lying psychopath who routinely had the dregs of humanity break into people's phone messages, arranged watersports picture shoots, and had his underlings rake through the bins of anybody who looked at him the wrong way. Just a delightful human being, and he's surely only in the position he is now because of the amount of dirt he has on people in positions of power.

4 hours ago, mathematics said:

I’ve had an underlying sense of dread for two days.

They say some of us are able to sense when they're in the presence of a psychopath with ill intent.

Have you upset the missus lately?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk spinning the black ball whilst racking up for a game of pool.  Wtf is that all about?

If you break with the black spinning it has a greater chance of staying in place. While holing the black straight from the break is technically a win, when you're a semi-skint student you tend to want to get your money's worth.

We had a pool league at my last employer. Some wanky, stuck up twat wanted me to show him the rule where it says you win when potting the black on break ( only ever done it twice)

p***k was raging when i got it confirmed by our resident pool expert. The p***k also finished near last since he played like a 5 year old girl 

19 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Folk who wear beanie hats all the time. Day and night. Rain or sun. 

Arseholes.

MIne has wifi built in for my phone for listening to radio etc. 

It was a present so kind of stuck wearing it unless it gets really hot in the summer.

https://thesourcewholesale.co.uk/product/bluetooth-beanie-hat/

And before you ask that ain't me in the link and yes he does look like a twat,

The sound quality is better than some of my earphones/plugs.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

YouTube seems to think I want to watch totally one sided coverage of Johnny Depps legal team "hilariously owning" Amber Heards.

Curtain twitching shite.

Yeah, YouTube seems absoltely full of clips called "Johnny Depps psychologist lawyer DESTROYS Amber Heard".  It's bizarre.

52 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We had a pool league at my last employer. Some wanky, stuck up twat wanted me to show him the rule where it says you win when potting the black on break ( only ever done it twice)

p***k was raging when i got it confirmed by our resident pool expert. The p***k also finished near last since he played like a 5 year old girl 

I didnae ken this. 

I claim a retrospective win from 2005 at the Edinburgh City Social Club then :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

If I played pool against someone and they did this I'd absolutely want proof if they tried claiming that was a win.

I think the rule is you have a choice of 1. losing or 2. paying for the game to continue, get the black back out and put it on its spot.

Though with pool the rule usually is whoever looks the biggest psycho in the pub decides.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Eight-ball - Wikipedia

So it's absolute nonsense then, glad we cleared that up.

Yankee nonsense. I don't think I've ever potted the black on the break though so I don't know what the rule is. Haven't played for years but you used to have to check the pub rules before starting, like 2 shots for a foul except on the black etc.