Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Olympique Lyonnais. Have to be one of the most inconsistent and frustrating to watch teams out there. 

Lyon, you mean Lyon.

Or lyon on Diego's keyboard.

Edited by jimbaxters

On 30/04/2022 at 11:25, velo army said:

It is a petty thing, but given that I and the rest of the weegieverse pronounce it "roll and sausage" it rips my knitting a wee bit to see it written as "roll on sausage". 

It's the calling card of a moron tbh. They've heard someome say "roll 'n' sausage" and taken it as "on" rather than "and". Similar to morons who say "could of". The fact that large parts of the population thinks "roll on sausage" is correct and its others who are morons is a stain on this country. 

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's the calling card of a moron tbh. They've heard someome say "roll 'n' sausage" and taken it as "on" rather than "and". Similar to morons who say "could of". The fact that large parts of the population thinks "roll on sausage" is correct and its others who are morons is a stain on this country. 

It's actually a geographical thing, widely used in Fife at least back in the day. I think it was used to distinguish between sausages on a roll and a sausage roll. I never heard anyone ask for a roll on bacon, always a bacon roll. 

12 hours ago, Left Back said:

Ahead of putting both ketchup and brown sauce on the same roll?  That’s proper deviant behaviour that  should see you sectioned.

Like many things in life, dinnae knock it til you have given it a go - has to be with a tattie scone tho.

On 29/04/2022 at 22:55, Smurph said:

Will just take it back into work and eat it during work hours.

My petty thing would be folk who eat at their desk, especially strong smelling foreign muck!

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

My petty thing would be folk who eat at their desk, especially strong smelling foreign muck!

I used to share an office with a girl who was pregnant and went through a phase of eating microwaveable fish pies at her desk every lunchtime. Not good quality stuff, but the cheapest, rankest, stinkiest ones she could find. Went on for about a month before she said they were making her feel sick. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I used to share an office with a girl who was pregnant and went through a phase of eating microwaveable fish pies at her desk every lunchtime. Not good quality stuff, but the cheapest, rankest, stinkiest ones she could find. Went on for about a month before she said they were making her feel sick. 

Fishwifeimages.jpg

On 30/04/2022 at 11:38, Leith Green said:

Roll on sausage also makes little sense.

Regardless, there are only two worthwhile roll fillings from any self respecting breakfast emporium - either a bacon and egg double decker or a sliced sausage and tattie scone.

Also, the egg yolk must be intact and the only thing to go on is salt.

The sliced sausage and tattie scone variant must have tomato ketchup on the sausage, and brown sauce on the tattie scone.

I suspect Tebay might not supply either of these to my taste......................

I struggle to pass a Stephens bakery in the mornings without stopping for a square sausage and tattie scone roll. Breakfast of champions!

30 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

In true P&B style, she deserved a kick in the fish pie for that type of behaviour.  

I worked in Hong Kong for 10 years in a language school - there were 6 or 7 local teachers who treated the place as a home-from-home and they would bring in the stinkiest food imaginable and stink out the whole school.  And not just lunch, but breakfast, lunch and dinner.  

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't know. I've seen it written a few times by folk who wouldn't be classed as such. I remember Hugh McDonald, the Herald's erstwhile exponent of erudition on all things sport scribing it thus. It's perhaps a relic of older generations. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

In true P&B style, she deserved a kick in the fish pie for that type of behaviour.  

I worked in Hong Kong for 10 years in a language school - there were 6 or 7 local teachers who treated the place as a home-from-home and they would bring in the stinkiest food imaginable and stink out the whole school.  And not just lunch, but breakfast, lunch and dinner.  

There was a Malaysian guy in our halls in Uni who boiled dried fish from home in the shared kitchen, unbelievably bad smell, stank out the whole floor. He didn't do it again.