Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

51 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

tbf with Harkins and Hutton in the team, Athletic might be left out for legal reasons.

... and they may have looked at Elgin and thought "Elgin? A city? Aye f***ing right.  Edinburgh? Goes without saying".

Eta: need to add this too (from someone else's house).  Consistently cheeses me off:

25574906_PXL_20220425_1357331472.thumb.jpg.f75e71e85527dc2c56182008874fe7a5.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Inconsistencies like this below where Annan merits the 'Ath' but Forfar doesn't, and Edinburgh gets a 'C', but not Elgin.

638711512_PXL_20220425_1427405492.thumb.jpg.92b330d519f90ef94fb9a005885ab014.jpg

Then again, it's the Record*, so they probably don't know that Forfar have an Athletic in the name.

*not mine, honest

It annoys me when they leave the "City" out of "Edinburgh City". "Edinburgh" are an egg chasing franchise. 

Some cynics might say there are plenty of Cs in Edinburgh and none in Elgin. 

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It annoys me when they leave the "City" out of "Edinburgh City". "Edinburgh" are an egg chasing franchise. 

Some cynics might say there are plenty of Cs in Edinburgh and none in Elgin. 

The main c**t left to live in Dundee.

Edited by SlipperyP

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Inconsistencies like this below where Annan merits the 'Ath' but Forfar doesn't, and Edinburgh gets a 'C', but not Elgin.

638711512_PXL_20220425_1427405492.thumb.jpg.92b330d519f90ef94fb9a005885ab014.jpg

Then again, it's the Record*, so they probably don't know that Forfar have an Athletic in the name.

*not mine, honest

Only the 3 "newer" teams have the suffixes. 

Whatever that signifies. 

The sound editing on Radio Scotland, perhaps most obviously on OTB when the volume of the songs is twice as loud as the conversations.

Noticed it more of late listening to shows whilst in the bath and not being able to turn down the infrequent near-deafening parts.

Edited by Hedgecutter

27 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The sound editing on Radio Scotland, perhaps most obviously on OTB when the volume of the songs is twice as loud as the conversations.

Noticed it more of late listening to shows whilst in the bath and not being able to turn down the infrequent near- deafening parts.

TV adverts seem to be pitched at a much higher volume than the programme they interupt. Very annoying, more than a petty thing IMO.

1 hour ago, broon-loon said:

TV adverts seem to be pitched at a much higher volume than the programme they interupt. Very annoying, more than a petty thing IMO.

Continual changes to the volume of programmes on TV gives me all the reason I need to the keep hold of the remote and never relinquish it to Mrs Granny.

1 hour ago, broon-loon said:

Suspect that's so you can still hear them in whatever other room you've fucked off to.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Made the mistake of booking a few jobs near home recently so have been redecorating our place in the time I would have been commuting. Got Mrs undercoating doors and cleaning my roller (not euph).

eta.. to bring a bit of mumsnettyness to P&B..

walls and ceiling in Salt

doors and skirtings in de nimes

various bits in railings 

image.thumb.jpeg.7096fd6200bf56a16e60d3e1cdfd3369.jpeg

Edited by Shandon Par

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

? I'm thinking you've replaced alcohol and tobacco with over the top tidiness. 

Salt is a white from F&B’s California range. 

There could soon be a tin marked “husband” to go alongside the other ones as I’ve started mountain biking again recently.

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Salt is a white from F&B’s California range. 

There could soon be a tin marked “husband” to go alongside the other ones as I’ve started mountain biking again recently.

Presumably that first aid box is hers. Yours is a travel size trunk in the next room.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Made the mistake of booking a few jobs near home recently so have been redecorating our place in the time I would have been commuting. Got Mrs undercoating doors and cleaning my roller (not euph).

eta.. to bring a bit of mumsnettyness to P&B..

walls and ceiling in Salt

doors and skirtings in de nimes

various bits in railings 

image.thumb.jpeg.7096fd6200bf56a16e60d3e1cdfd3369.jpeg

I'm worried about caking of your persil being with it being kept out in the hunlmid environment of a kitchen. I'm assuming those tins aren't air tight