Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In the coverage of fitba on tv.....the way that after a goal or at the final whistle the picture cuts to a ground level camera , which as often as not ends up with the screen being filled for long enough to get on my nerves with an out-of-focus shot of a steward’s hi-viz top, rather than the player(s) or manager they were Intending to show.

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Pretty sure there was an announcement the other day that the EU were going to force all manufacturers to use USB-C to cut down on the number of cables wasted

Aye, and the dicks at apple will no doubt make a shitey overpriced adapter you need to plug the USB C cable into before it fits  into one of their shitey overpriced products

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Pretty sure Lana Wolf got outed as a nonce last week, so I wouldn't be so keen.

Shame, she seemed lovely 'til you pointed that out.

On 21/04/2022 at 01:16, BFTD said:

I just had a customer who could only pay by postal order because they didn't have a bank account. They live among us.

I worked at a Post Office five or six years back, and it was a surprise how many elderly folk still used them to send money to their grandkids, or to pay bills. Usually folk who looked like they had a bob or two, so I guess they didn't need to worry too much about the surcharge, but still; I believe chequebooks are still a thing.

I'm a gardener and do the grounds for a few blocks of flats. They still pay by cheque

37 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'm a gardener and do the grounds for a few blocks of flats. They still pay by cheque

I've noticed that any time I'm due a rebate for a phone contract or what have you, it always seems to come by cheque. Presumably they know that a small percentage of people will either lose it, or will forget, or won't bother their arse to go into a bank to cash it. Sly.

Not to mention all the poor sods who buy the latest in arse intruding dildos and never cash the refund cheque when they see the company name.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

I've noticed that any time I'm due a rebate for a phone contract or what have you, it always seems to come by cheque. Presumably they know that a small percentage of people will either lose it, or will forget, or won't bother their arse to go into a bank to cash it. Sly.

Not to mention all the poor sods who buy the latest in arse intruding dildos and never cash the refund cheque when they see the company name.

The Clydesdale Bank (virgin money) in East Kilbride shut down earlier this year.

I now have the app on my phone that allows me to take a photo of the cheque and it goes straight into my account.  I wish this technology had been around years ago

People (and by this, I mean Gen Z) assuming that they can put their fingerprints all over my laptop screen when attempting to show something.

The fact that it has a touch screen function (which I prefer not to use in order to avoid a manky screen) should be irrelevant, and I wonder if they just assume that all new-looking laptops have it.

#HandsOffTheMerchandise

Edited by Hedgecutter

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Most banks let you cash in a cheque on their app now.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

The Clydesdale Bank (virgin money) in East Kilbride shut down earlier this year.

I now have the app on my phone that allows me to take a photo of the cheque and it goes straight into my account.  I wish this technology had been around years ago

Admittedly I've only ever tried to use it about 4 times but only once has this actually worked.  The other 3 times I've had to trek to the closest branch (about 15 miles away now) and pay the cheque in.

Inconsistencies like this below where Annan merits the 'Ath' but Forfar doesn't, and Edinburgh gets a 'C', but not Elgin.

638711512_PXL_20220425_1427405492.thumb.jpg.92b330d519f90ef94fb9a005885ab014.jpg

Then again, it's the Record*, so they probably don't know that Forfar have an Athletic in the name.

*not mine, honest