Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

There was a light drizzle so they cancelled it

Another reason why cricket is for wimps. Can you imagine a football match being cancelled because of a few spots of rain?

My ex's aul' fella is a huge cricket fan. Perfect sport to watch with a hangover tbf. Also, he used to occasionally turn out for Inverary cc and the slap up feed they'd get at "lunch" sounded epic. It's the part of cricket that's a big plus for me.

Golf is absolutely one of my favourite sports to play. Folk who are just in to football are ftw imo.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

No sport that halts play for lunch can be described as exciting.

Cricket teas just put the sport on another level. 

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Depends where you are playing. Certain venues usually prompted a rush of availability due to the quality of the lunch on offer, others less so. Was always pleasant playing a venue with a public bar, which inevitably meant desperation to bowl first, a few half-hearted heaves across the line, followed by watching your mates trying to save the game while necking as much drink as you could get away with.

Not many sports in which you can be an active participant while sitting on your arse with a pint and a fag.

This is why you always have a bowl first at Arbroath. Always get a superb feed up there. 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Another reason why cricket is for wimps. Can you imagine a football match being cancelled because of a few spots of rain?

The way things are going, it won't be long...

Got a speeding fine for doing 50mph in a 40mph zone on my way home after a long, tiring nightshift recently.  Mea culpa, but this is my 1st ticket in over 40 years of driving.  Got the notification demanding £100 plus i'll be given 3 points on my licence.  I accept that i erred, but fully expected a lenient warning instead of the full on fine given my previous clean record.

The main PTTGOYN issue is that i paid it today using a Postal Order as i no longer have a current cheque book.  The Post Office added more insult to the situation by charging me £12.50 for the Order.  Shower of robbing, thieving bassas.

18 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

On motorsport, I am no fan of Lewis Hamilton but his first title win in 2008 - when he won it on the last corner of the last lap of the last race - was genuinely thrilling. 

Scalextric.gif

55 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Got a speeding fine for doing 50mph in a 40mph zone on my way home after a long, tiring nightshift recently.  Mea culpa, but this is my 1st ticket in over 40 years of driving.  Got the notification demanding £100 plus i'll be given 3 points on my licence.  I accept that i erred, but fully expected a lenient warning instead of the full on fine given my previous clean record.

The main PTTGOYN issue is that i paid it today using a Postal Order as i no longer have a current cheque book.  The Post Office added more insult to the situation by charging me £12.50 for the Order.  Shower of robbing, thieving bassas.

I didn't know Postal Orders still existed. I got 2 tickets in an hour a few years back, driving on an empty urban dual carriageway at around 40 instead of 30, and then the same coming back. It was a cop car with a camera, bit annoying because if they'd pulled me over the first time I obviously wouldn't have got the second ticket. Probably did me some good, I was taking the pish with speed limits a fair bit back then and now I make sure I'm no more than 10% over most of the time.