Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

This is extremely petty, but suppose this is thread for it, but it's annoys me more than it should, Falkirk Fc ladies team don't wear Navy blue, there strip is Sky blue, looks more like a Forfar strip.

Proof that Ladies love a Loon.  😎

10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry if this makes me seem like a monster but first let me caveat it with…

When my dad died, some colleagues and pals had a collection for a memorial bench to go into the big park in town. He liked the park in life and it was nice to have a wee reminder of him, as well as providing a comfortable seat for the local outdoor drinkers etc.

Now many memorial benches in our area are so over-laden with bunches of dead flowers, soggy soft toys (for grandparents!), giant cards etc you can’t actually sit on them. Maybe folk should get a shrine rather than a bench? 

Just makes a nice memorial look awful.

Since she was a wee girl my niece has scoffed at the idea of memorial benches. Usually when she was visiting her grandparents on the coast. 

“If anyone puts a bench facing the sea as a memorial to me, I’m going to come back and haunt them.” etc etc. 

Her sister always promises that not only will she get her a memorial bench, she’ll position it facing a blank wall so nobody will ever sit on it. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It then puts pressure on the council as yes, it looks tacky but if they want to clear it up they’re branded heartless. 

Few years ago Aberdeenshire council said it would be removing dead flowers from spots where accidents happened and there was an outcry. 

When my friend was killed, the family asked someone to go and clear the dead flowers from the spot 

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Few years ago Aberdeenshire council said it would be removing dead flowers from spots where accidents happened and there was an outcry. 

When my friend was killed, the family asked someone to go and clear the dead flowers from the spot 

If folk are that sensitive about dead flowers being removed then why don't they go and put new ones there instead of letting them rot. 

I've always said that if I was to be killed in a road accident I wouldn't want flowers but I would like a sign that says "Drive safely you stupid c*nts".

(unless it was me that caused the accident. In which case I want a sign that says "It was the other guy's fault")

11 hours ago, RH33 said:

There was an auld woman run over on a zebra crossing in the town centre five or six years ago - I haven't checked lately, but the remains of the flowers were still tied to the Belisha beacon years later.

You've got to think that there are better ways to memorialise someone than rotting piles of vegetation.

Wasn't there a thing a few years ago where a member of a scumbag family was killed; his family put flowers down at the spot and the neighbours removed them; the family put more flowers down and they were removed again?

9 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Wasn't there a thing a few years ago where a member of a scumbag family was killed; his family put flowers down at the spot and the neighbours removed them; the family put more flowers down and they were removed again?

I think it was a burglar from a traveller family who was killed whilst committing a crime.

Flowers removed again from shrine to burglar killed while committing crime | Craven Herald

12 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yeah.  Guy was burgling a house and got stabbed.  Was all over the news for a while.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/henry-vincent-burglar-richard-osborn-brooks-flowers-hither-green-london-neighbours-a8300001.html?amp

21 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I think it was a burglar from a traveller family who was killed whilst committing a crime.

Flowers removed again from shrine to burglar killed while committing crime | Craven Herald

There is a thread dedicated to it.

On 15/04/2018 at 22:14, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm slightly distracted by her wonky balloons.

Friends and relatives of Henry Vincent bring birthday tributes to the scene on South Park Crescent in Hither Green

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Probably not petty really, at a large and popular local playpark on a reasonably nice Saturday morning.... Wean needs a piss.... Toilets locked up like Fort knox.

Fucks wrong with this country?

Council workers not off for Easter?