Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My workmate. I fucking hate her with a passion.

I know I must go get some sleep. I read that as "My workmate. I fucked her with poison". I was about to call you a murderer. :(

Ive checked it about 4 times the day ya cheeky bassa, and i've been up at a jobsfair at glenrothes, so you cant accuse me of not trying!

Get your lazy arse along to Sky and try and get on the same shift as me.

Your well qualified at talking shite anyway and you can pay for half my petrol. ;)

Phoned yesterday about a job. Chap took my name and number and said he would call me back to arrange an interview next week. Logged onto the jobcentre website this morning, the vacancy had been removed. I phoned the company up to ask what had happened, they filled the vacancy yesterday afternoon. Nice of them to let me know eh? <_<

:lol:

You would think so eh!

I might start going door to door.

"Hi, you got a job?"

"No"

"Phone Sky then ya lazy c**t." :lol:

Do you work in the Dunfermline offices? I worked there for about 4 years, and absolutely hated it, despite getting free Sky for the duration.

I do Stewarty.

I think it's excellent.

I got pissed off with jobs that only relied on brawn, not brains.

Being shouted at because stupid fuckers couldn't understand a simple bill done it for me. Although it was kinda nice having the power to turn their channels on and off. I remember this gentleman screaming at me to turn his sports channels back on as he was missing the cricket. I switched them back on a few minutes after the cricket had finished. :ph34r:

Being shouted at because stupid fuckers couldn't understand a simple bill done it for me. Although it was kinda nice having the power to turn their channels on and off. I remember this gentleman screaming at me to turn his sports channels back on as he was missing the cricket. I switched them back on a few minutes after the cricket had finished. :ph34r:

I dont deal with any billing thankfully.

I rarely get anyone going mental but when I do I give them 'Proffessional cheek'. B)

Phoned yesterday about a job. Chap took my name and number and said he would call me back to arrange an interview next week. Logged onto the jobcentre website this morning, the vacancy had been removed. I phoned the company up to ask what had happened, they filled the vacancy yesterday afternoon. Nice of them to let me know eh? <_<

Don't get me started :rolleyes:

Please elaborate. :D

You'll regret that...

She sings. Constantly. We've been treated this week to hits from the Carpenters, Aleid Jones' 'Walking In The Air' and the one that seems to keep coming back time and again is the old Stevie Wonder classic, 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'.

She argues with EVERYTHING. She's not trained for this job, she came from another department, but she questions the way we do everything. And I can handle constructive criticism, but there are times and places for this to be brought up with people that can actually do something about it. Not while you're being trained. Make a note of it, and bring it up at the appropriate time. Do not argue with your trainer when your trainer has a short temper. I am her trainer. And there's also a way in which to make these suggestions. Condescending isn't one of them. Her face while she's questioning procedure is as if she's saying 'This is below me and it's stupid'. Fair enough, she may think that, but there's ways of getting your point across without being offensive.

I could go on, but I'll stop there, as Dave's already heard enough about the woman already. I've actually been heard to use the phrase 'I fucking hate English people', purely because of her. And then I realise what I'm saying. How dare she!

Aaaaaand, relax. :D

I really fancy LM, so I'm teasing her, just like kids in the playground do

:P

And no, I don't. I actually just really fucking hate the woman :lol:

Damn, my secret's out! :wub::lol:

(To be fair, she does sound a bit of a nightmare!)

Edited by Kilt

You'll regret that...

She sings. Constantly. We've been treated this week to hits from the Carpenters, Aleid Jones' 'Walking In The Air' and the one that seems to keep coming back time and again is the old Stevie Wonder classic, 'I Just Called To Say I Love You'.

She argues with EVERYTHING. She's not trained for this job, she came from another department, but she questions the way we do everything. And I can handle constructive criticism, but there are times and places for this to be brought up with people that can actually do something about it. Not while you're being trained. Make a note of it, and bring it up at the appropriate time. Do not argue with your trainer when your trainer has a short temper. I am her trainer. And there's also a way in which to make these suggestions. Condescending isn't one of them. Her face while she's questioning procedure is as if she's saying 'This is below me and it's stupid'. Fair enough, she may think that, but there's ways of getting your point across without being offensive.

I could go on, but I'll stop there, as Dave's already heard enough about the woman already. I've actually been heard to use the phrase 'I fucking hate English people', purely because of her. And then I realise what I'm saying. How dare she!

Aaaaaand, relax. :D

:lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely tremendous!!

I have never once stopped giving thanks for being the only person in this office. :D Never underestimate the comfort of solitude.

As for the singing, murder her (imaginitively, don't just stab her or something), then quote the songs she sang to the judge - not a court in the land would convict you. I mean, the Carpenters? What is she, 65? I would consider the Carpenters too cruel to play at Guantanemo Bay for fuxake! ("Starve me some more, beat me unconscious, PEE ON MY ORANGE BOILER SUIT, whatever, just shut that wailing chiffon-clad anoxeric bint up!!!!")

The time is fast approaching where she'll ask you to go for a drink after work. This has happened to me, and as I was put on the spot I couldn't think of an excuse, so I went to the pub with my colleague, pretended to go to the toilet while he was getting the first round in and fucked off home. :ph34r: I wouldn't advise this course of action as it leads to difficult explainations later:"Eh.....I was abducted by these aliens, y'see..." :rolleyes: Have an excuse ready every Friday beforehand. ;)

Good luck. :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely tremendous!!

I have never once stopped giving thanks for being the only person in this office. :D Never underestimate the comfort of solitude.

As for the singing, murder her (imaginitively, don't just stab her or something), then quote the songs she sang to the judge - not a court in the land would convict you. I mean, the Carpenters? What is she, 65? I would consider the Carpenters too cruel to play at Guantanemo Bay for fuxake! ("Starve me some more, beat me unconscious, PEE ON MY ORANGE BOILER SUIT, whatever, just shut that wailing chiffon-clad anoxeric bint up!!!!")

The time is fast approaching where she'll ask you to go for a drink after work. This has happened to me, and as I was put on the spot I couldn't think of an excuse, so I went to the pub with my colleague, pretended to go to the toilet while he was getting the first round in and fucked off home. :ph34r: I wouldn't advise this course of action as it leads to difficult explainations later:"Eh.....I was abducted by these aliens, y'see..." :rolleyes: Have an excuse ready every Friday beforehand. ;)

Good luck. :)

Murder is something I've contemplated, and she's actually lucky that I love my coffee mug more than her head, so she has thus far been saved by my materialistic nature. I don't believe for a second that a conviction would be pending were I to hurt her severly in some way.

Since you mention her age, yes, she's actually (at a guess) mid 50's I'd say, and so unlikely to invite me out for a drink after work. And if she did, I'd be more than happy to refuse her! I don't think a couple in Drummonds, followed by a late night in Espionage would be her thing, somehow :lol:

Murder is something I've contemplated, and she's actually lucky that I love my coffee mug more than her head, so she has thus far been saved by my materialistic nature. I don't believe for a second that a conviction would be pending were I to hurt her severly in some way.

Since you mention her age, yes, she's actually (at a guess) mid 50's I'd say, and so unlikely to invite me out for a drink after work. And if she did, I'd be more than happy to refuse her! I don't think a couple in Drummonds, followed by a late night in Espionage would be her thing, somehow :lol:

Yes, the mid-50's is a bad time for women. My step-mother is 50. I sense things will only get worse in that regard. :(:ph34r:

Might explain why she's so condescending however, maybe you look like you need a good mothering?*

I worked with a bloke years ago that used to find out where everyone in the company drank, turn up(usually in spandex) and boast about his fitness while pointing at us and yelling out loudly to all and sundry: "That's mah mates there". Delightful.

Same bloke also grabbed the chest of a delivery woman at the back roller doors one day, so afterwards every time there was a delivery I had to go sign for it. He also introduced himself to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE with the following:

"Awright? Ah'm Billy. Ah run. Ah'm fit as f**k!"

Including the European Director of our parent company. :lol: That was an interesting day.

He was also discovered in the Company Secretarys garden at night in full combat gear (including painted face) not long after she knocked him back when he asked her out. Of course, you'll have worked out by now he was in the TA. :rolleyes:

All of this is far-fetched, but I assure everyone it's absolutely true. he was the most loathsome man I have ever met, but also in some ways the funniest. :lol:

*sorry about leaving kilt such a massive target.