Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Made the mistake of going to a McDonald's on a Sunday evening last night, having to wait an absolute age for a basic order because of all those Just Eat delivery cnuts* clogging the place up.  I was extremely close to just walking away despite having paid in advance.  On the plus side, at least Smarties McFlurries are evidently back.

*do McDonald's have a special arrangement with Just Eat, or did the half dozen delivery drivers in there all go in and order an enormous list each?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

*do McDonald's have a special arrangement with Just Eat, or did the half dozen delivery drivers in there all go in and order an enormous list each?

It's pretty special. You simply order through Justeat for a premium price and they turn up a few hours later with some of what you ordered. 

I tried it once. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's pretty special. You simply order through Justeat for a premium price and they turn up a few hours later with some of what you ordered. 

I tried it once. 

What I mean is whether: a) somebody at Just East sees a list saying Mr Strachan wants X, Mrs Petrie wants Y, Coprolite wants Z, and the driver turns up to McDonald's and puts in an order for X, Y & Z, or b) McDonalds get a list via an alternative system and dump it on a waiting driver.

I noticed that the preparing / collect screen had an order like 72570, 067, 068, 069, 85325, 000, 001 002, 86777.  I presumed that the long numbers were the complex Just Eat ones, giving somebody wanting a double cheeseburger and a McFlurry a half an hour wait.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

What I mean is whether: a) somebody at Just East sees a list saying Mr Strachan wants X, Mrs Petrie wants Y, Coprolite wants Z, and the driver turns up to McDonald's and puts in an order for X, Y & Z, or b) McDonalds get a list via an alternative system and dump it on a waiting driver.

I noticed that the preparing / collect screen had an order like 72570, 067, 068, 069, 85325, 000, 001 002, 86777.  I presumed that the long numbers were the complex Just Eat ones, giving somebody wanting a double cheeseburger and a McFlurry a half an hour wait.

B) order goes via app to mcdonalds and justeat. The drivers get notified when there's pickups available, accept the job on their app and go get them with a code. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

because of all those Just Eat delivery cnuts

I've never understood it. The food can be cold when you order in the shop. You've no chance waiting half a hour for some twat from just eat to turn up at your door. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's for when ur gassed m8

Nah! I'll no be ordering that when I'm gassed. Kebab, pizza or curry is where its at. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's for when ur gassed m8

Nah! I'll no be ordering that when I'm gassed. Kebab, pizza or curry is where its at. 

Wheezing lazy b*****ds on mobility scooters getting in my way in the shops - or the same people a few years younger just being slow fat fuckers taking up the space limping along in oversized jobby catchers toward Greggs (thats when they are not sitting outside tabbing away with their fat bairns).

eta - Particularly in Cameron Toll shopping centre, Edinburgh.

On 27/03/2022 at 21:45, Albus Bulbasaur said:

My dog knocked over a big bottle of beer. Spilled everywhere. Gaff is reeking.... a peroni too. 

my dog (below) spent his last few years kicking about in a carriage when his back legs went. He still loved going to pubs and on quite a few occasions before I could get the carriage off him he would batter into chairs and tables sending everything flying - quite often down me also. I reeked of beer for about a year as a result and miss not being able to call on that as an excuse these days ha

IMG_0936.JPG

11 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I've never understood it. The food can be cold when you order in the shop. You've no chance waiting half a hour for some twat from just eat to turn up at your door. 

I've never had a cold McDonalds yet.

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

my dog (below) spent his last few years kicking about in a carriage when his back legs went. He still loved going to pubs and on quite a few occasions before I could get the carriage off him he would batter into chairs and tables sending everything flying - quite often down me also. I reeked of beer for about a year as a result and miss not being able to call on that as an excuse these days ha

IMG_0936.JPG

What a superb dog that is!