Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The colossal waste of time that is associated with admin. The amount of time spent producing documentary evidence "just in case" someone asks for it, is incredible. There must be millions of files which have never been opened again once they are saved. Absolutely hate doing it.

giphy (1).gif

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Why is there another Batman reboot? f**k off man, give it a fucking rest.

Money. It's why we'll never see the end of Bond films, whether they're any good or not.

I saw the trailer for it last night. I quite like Robert Pattinson; maybe he'll be more convincing in the role than it looked in the trailer, and maybe the film won't be as generic as it appears. But it's clearly just being made for the cash, with any creative thought a secondary consideration.

At this point, if they wanted to do something interesting with that character, they'd need to go down one of the weird routes, like Batman being a Victorian detective hunting Jack the Ripper, or a pan-dimensional space dolphin at war with God. But then, like plenty of critics mentioned when The Joker film came out, why does this need to have the Batman trappings laid over it in order for people to watch it?

Need the new Brexity GHIC for going abroad soon. Applied online and get email asking for proof of address to be sent to nhsbsa.ghicapplicationsohs@nhsbsa.nhs.uk but when I send it I get a bounce back that the email account is full and can’t receive messages. Their alternative way to contact is Twitter and they clearly don’t monitor the account as I sent it hours ago and it’s still unread.

Unacceptable from a government body.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Need the new Brexity GHIC for going abroad soon. Applied online and get email asking for proof of address to be sent to nhsbsa.ghicapplicationsohs@nhsbsa.nhs.uk but when I send it I get a bounce back that the email account is full and can’t receive messages. Their alternative way to contact is Twitter and they clearly don’t monitor the account as I sent it hours ago and it’s still unread.

Unacceptable from a government body.

It's Friday. There will be nobody there.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I will still refer you back to my initial post.

Still unacceptable for a government body.

It's after 5.

There will definitely be nobody there. Apart from the security guy.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It doesn't, but more people will watch it if it does.

Aye, so the train of thought is that, if Scorsese had been making Taxi Driver in 2019, it would've ended up being a comic book villain origin story. Close Encounters of the Third Kind would've tied in to the MCU and introduced the latest Marvel alien species. Napoleon Dynamite would've needed to be a quirky take on Peter Parker's travails at high school.

Not sure I agree, but it was amusing to see the highbrow critics gritting their teeth over the popularity of mass market entertainment.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Money. It's why we'll never see the end of Bond films, whether they're any good or not.

I saw the trailer for it last night. I quite like Robert Pattinson; maybe he'll be more convincing in the role than it looked in the trailer, and maybe the film won't be as generic as it appears. But it's clearly just being made for the cash, with any creative thought a secondary consideration.

At this point, if they wanted to do something interesting with that character, they'd need to go down one of the weird routes, like Batman being a Victorian detective hunting Jack the Ripper, or a pan-dimensional space dolphin at war with God. But then, like plenty of critics mentioned when The Joker film came out, why does this need to have the Batman trappings laid over it in order for people to watch it?

I hate Batman. Such a crap character. The only ones who put any life into it were Adam West and Michael Keaton. Chris Nolan’s Batman films were absolutely awful and I was beside myself with glee when the last one flopped.

32 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I hate Batman. Such a crap character. The only ones who put any life into it were Adam West and Michael Keaton. Chris Nolan’s Batman films were absolutely awful and I was beside myself with glee when the last one flopped.

Did it aye?

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

The Joker Hello GIF

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Did it aye?

Not so much commercially but it was great when it came out and it was clearly a disappointment and so many pretended it wasn’t. The Batgimp incels were threatening to kill those who gave it a bad review. 

All the pre release hype about “Tom Hardy’s Bane” and you couldn’t even make out what he was saying. 😆

Nolan is the most ludicrously overrated director of all time. 

Not so much commercially but it was great when it came out and it was clearly a disappointment and so many pretended it wasn’t. The Batgimp incels were threatening to kill those who gave it a bad review. 
All the pre release hype about “Tom Hardy’s Bane” and you couldn’t even make out what he was saying. [emoji38]
Nolan is the most ludicrously overrated director of all time. 

Given all three of Nolan's films have made it into the Top 250 on IMDb's list and the other ones are nowhere to be seen, I think it's safe to say you're talking shite here. I'm guessing you haven't watched Rises and are instead using the pre-realease criticism about being unable to make out what Hardy was saying? If you can't clearly hear what he was saying the in the film then I think you need you're ears tested tbh.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Given all three of Nolan's films have made it into the Top 250 on IMDb's list and the other ones are nowhere to be seen, I think it's safe to say you're talking shite here. I'm guessing you haven't watched Rises and are instead using the pre-realease criticism about being unable to make out what Hardy was saying? If you can't clearly hear what he was saying the in the film then I think you need you're ears tested tbh.

I watched half of it, loathed it as much as the other two and stopped watching. The worst of the 3 though is Batman Begins IMO. It’s one of the most boring, empty and miscast films I’ve ever seen. 
TDK genuinely did have some merit due to Heath Ledger’s performance.