Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, superbigal said:

Just applied for the new free Scottish bus pass for youngsters for my son. As he is 13 I had to do it. Ffs need a PhD to complete the process.
Anyone else ?

Mrs b-l is currently working in a Library/Access Office and as such is involved in the processing of said bus passes. It's a f**king mess. The information given about applications is wrong and doesn't match the criteria required in term of proof of ID etc. 

It's a typical Government self promoting, flag waving scheme that's been shoe horned into place without any real thought on how it will be effectively implemented.

Again typically, it's the poor individuals at the coal face that have to deal with the unhappy or irate public, while those behind the scene bury their heads in the sand.

Don't get me wrong, I think the scheme has it's merits and in general welcome the idea for students, apprentices etc. 

It needs people to get in touch with MP's, Public officials et al to make them aware that the process is sh*t.

51 minutes ago, broon-loon said:

Mrs b-l is currently working in a Library/Access Office and as such is involved in the processing of said bus passes. It's a f**king mess. The information given about applications is wrong and doesn't match the criteria required in term of proof of ID etc. 

It's a typical Government self promoting, flag waving scheme that's been shoe horned into place without any real thought on how it will be effectively implemented.

Again typically, it's the poor individuals at the coal face that have to deal with the unhappy or irate public, while those behind the scene bury their heads in the sand.

Don't get me wrong, I think the scheme has it's merits and in general welcome the idea for students, apprentices etc. 

It needs people to get in touch with MP's, Public officials et al to make them aware that the process is sh*t.

It's a free bus pass for all youngsters.  Should not need to register my ID with some fuckingg surveillance crew, join the SNP, get my booster, drop my pants etc to get one for the boy.

Should simply be sent out to everyone by post whether you want one or not.

Edited by superbigal

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The bus pass for wrinklies is a piece of pish. The blue badge for parking on the other hand has an application form about 35 pages long iirc.

The free bus pas for wrinklies was a piece of pish, not so easy now I believe.?

Heading to Dundee to pick up uniform for a new job. The conductor literally announcing that we are arriving in Dundee and a text comes through saying I won't be able to collect it today and someone will drop it off in Montrose for me tomorrow[emoji35]

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bound to have been mentioned already, but even if it has, it's worth reiterating that the name Mac 'n Cheese can get so far tae f**k.  

In fact, this isn't even petty. It's a social catastrophe.  Personally, I think there should a public register that names and shames the establishments using this term, making it easier to give them a wide berth.

Quite right. 

Should be Mac 'n' Cheese

21 hours ago, Rugster said:

The chilli will probably be better and healthier than most of the shite you regularly shovel into your gub to be fair. 

Spicy chicken korma pizza tonight - was delicious. I'd have taken a picture of it but fuck you! 

5 hours ago, Aidan said:

Heading to Dundee to pick up uniform for a new job. The conductor literally announcing that we are arriving in Dundee and a text comes through saying I won't be able to collect it today and someone will drop it off in Montrose for me tomorrowemoji35.png

Dressing up as a giant cludgie to hand out toilet sale ads...

Spoiler

You're getting it, lavvy heid

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Imagine being hit by a bin lorry because you had to go on the road in your sex pram due to some selfish p***k parking on the pavement. Doesn't bear thinking about 

Made no difference to Harry..