Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who don't complain at the time and instead leave negative feedback once they're out the building. So often the complaint can be easily rectified at the time, instead they put up with it for days and leave a bad review when they get home.

Had one tonight complaining that we don't sell hot drinks. We don't sell hot drinks because we provide them for free. Obviously asking a member of staff if hot drinks are available was far too much effort and they just assumed the worst.

13 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

People who don't complain at the time and instead leave negative feedback once they're out the building. So often the complaint can be easily rectified at the time, instead they put up with it for days and leave a bad review when they get home.

Had one tonight complaining that we don't sell hot drinks. We don't sell hot drinks because we provide them for free. Obviously asking a member of staff if hot drinks are available was far too much effort and they just assumed the worst.

Where might one find this free hot drink provision?

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

I make huge efforts to avoid having to ask someone something, particularly in shops. 

54 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I make huge efforts to avoid having to ask someone something, particularly in shops. 

You do know the hot drink was the blood of the pig  they just gleefully slaughtered in the back room?

Tastle stuff btw

Why? Even when something is bothering you and they could fix it? To then go home and complain instead?

I also find it staggering the amount of people who rather than asking information about a product range (to the person right there they have to speak to to buy it anyway), hum and haw then pick one at random.

Inspired by Empty It using the phrase "acting the goat" on the People You Dislike thread gladdened my heart, but also brought up a wee pttgomn.

The gradual dying of Scottish idiomatic speech due to the increasing hegemony of Americanisms and superfluous swearing.

I used to work with a bunch of late teens and early 20-somethings who would look at me like I was a museum exhibit, or some kind of genius for using phrases I just thought were de rigeur for the situation. I imagine it isn't just a Scottish thing, and that there are Irish, English and French da's having cranial detachments (day-tachemong for Les péres des France) over this.

Edited by velo army

Dan the God Botherer on BBC Breakfast yesterday when he said “now for the local news wherever you’re waking up this morning".  As somebody who was preparing to go to bed at the time, I find this to be highly discriminatory towards people working night shift.  Yet another facet of BBC bias, and I don’t like it.  Tbh, a sacking over this wouldn't be entirely unreasonable.

[cue Chewin'_the_Fat_nightshift.gif]

Thinking I'd done quite well on the cross-trainer thing on high gear through the night, only to be told at the bottom that the power generated wouldn't even be enough to light an energy saving bulb for an hour.

594721580_PXL_20220126_0403015612.thumb.jpg.0f11b08901beee7d993475814eaa521b.jpg

airplane-whatapisser.gif.587ad324a2dbd6cca671113d32788692.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter