Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I quite like the vegan "ham and cheese" piece that Greggs do because the "cheese" has more taste than the ordinary cheese in their carnivore equivalent.

I suppose it can be argued that having plant based equivalents is a way of persuading carnivores to at least consider going veggie/vegan. Like those "personality tests" the Scientologists lure people in for...

(A pal did one. They said he was a psychopath. He accepted this quite happily and didn't join the cult)

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I quite like the vegan "ham and cheese" piece that Greggs do because the "cheese" has more taste than the ordinary cheese in their carnivore equivalent.

I suppose it can be argued that having plant based equivalents is a way of persuading carnivores to at least consider going veggie/vegan. Like those "personality tests" the Scientologists lure people in for...

(A pal did one. They said he was a psychopath. He accepted this quite happily and didn't join the cult)

A "pal". O.K.

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Had a run on really useless carrier bags recently.

One shop gave me a paper bag to carry some stuff I bought and it was raining, it had nearly disintegrated but the time I’d gone a few streets away from the shop and I had to go into Tesco and buy a plastic bag before it went everywhere. 

Yesterday I went into Coop and they have these ridiculously thin recyclable bags. It had tore and the tub of soup I bought ended up rolling down the steps. 

What’s the point of them? I normally try and bring bags from home if I go shopping but both times I remembered I needed things whilst out doing something else. Paper bags and Glasgow weather are just not compatible. 

You need this:

0a417ff8-46ca-46be-a29f-76e383b85e0c_9b76aa6a-d925-4603-a544-fd9b033b26e7.jpg.3ef015e7dd2840e892fcd4ad505cf9f9.jpg

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Is this a sick joke? I bought this by accident one day and the cheese was only slightly less honking than whatever they had pretending it was ham. 

If vegans complain because they can't get their tasteless, nourishment-free crap in proper food shops, then they should pass a law that forces vegan shops to sell meat products as well.

If I was Bill Gates then I'd apply my fortune to developing a foodstuff that looks like plants but is actually made from meat. Stick it on the market for six months without telling anybody then six months down the line reveal to the vegans what they've been eating...

A colleague announced (more or less) at the Christmas do that in the New Year she was going vegan from Monday to Friday with the exception of wine. She has subsequently spoken of nothing else from then until now. Not sure how I've managed to stay quiet.

Given that there's a tendency for vegans to get quite vocal about their choices of not eating meat, dairy etc. you'd think the last thing they'd want would be to have their preferred choice of greenery labelled with the very things that make them so angry. 

Maybe it’s because I’ve recently switched to being largely vegetarian but people generally are more vocal in telling me about why they eat meat as I give a rat’s ass!

It's wild how much veganism and vegetarianism creates such seethe in people.  Taking someones diet almost personally.  Who fucking cares what someone else eats?  

I'm neither vegan or vegetarian by the way.  It just amuses me how raging people get over it.

57 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Given that there's a tendency for vegans to get quite vocal about their choices of not eating meat, dairy etc. you'd think the last thing they'd want would be to have their preferred choice of greenery labelled with the very things that make them so angry. 

I haven't heard any vegans get anywhere near remotely as angry as perma-seething meat-eaters when it comes to vegan food. A typical interaction goes like this:

Gregg's: we're introducing a vegan sausage roll!

Vegans: nice one, cheers!

Perma-seething meat eaters: BLOODY VEGANS EATING ALL OUR FOOD IT'S CALLED A SAUSAGE ROLL HOW CAN IT BE CALLED A SAUSAGE ROLL IF THERE'S NO SAUSAGE BLOODY SNOWFLAKES LOVE A BACON SANDWICH ME

Just now, The Skelpit Lug said:

My point is the opposite to that. It's clearly not meat, I just find it odd that there's not vegan-specific names for what it is, rather than what it isn't.

Oh you're so raging!

Internet rules dictate that :)