Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

D.I.Y. Hate everything about it. We are having to replace our kitchen as there was a series of leaks in it. It is constant trips to bnq, the waiting, having to cut tiny mms off stuff because it only just doesn’t fit. I take my hat off to anyone can do this as a hobby or job.

9 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

D.I.Y. Hate everything about it. We are having to replace our kitchen as there was a series of leaks in it. It is constant trips to bnq, the waiting, having to cut tiny mms off stuff because it only just doesn’t fit. I take my hat off to anyone can do this as a hobby or job.

Are you fucking mental? Work of any kind, particularly stuff that can have catastrophic consequences is for others to do.

Are you fucking mental? Work of any kind, particularly stuff that can have catastrophic consequences is for others to do.

Oh i know this, but Mrs B likes all this sort of stuff (and is actually good at it) and insists we do it ourselves and usually starts it when i am at work, so end up having no choice.
If i was young, free and single i would quite happily pay someone else to do it.

We have a plumber and sparky coming out to sort the important stuff, it’s just the joinery we are doing. If i was any good at it, i would like it, but it’s a vicious cycle, hate it because i am shite at it, but i am partially shite at it because i hate it.

Picked up a ham and cheese toastie in Costa and handed it over to be heated up.

"You know this is a vegan ham and cheese toastie?"

Whit? So it's not got ham in it and it's not got cheese in it so how the hell can they call it a ham and cheese toastie? And why do vegans want things that taste like things they don't like?

As the lassie swapped it for a real ham & cheese she said they got a lot of complaints from customers about this "but not as many as we get from vegans if we don't have it".

fucking vegans.

8 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Oh i know this, but Mrs B likes all this sort of stuff (and is actually good at it) and insists we do it ourselves and usually starts it when i am at work, so end up having no choice.
If i was young, free and single i would quite happily pay someone else to do it.

reg.jpg.f47f7776b88dd87dcbfda638e0226b7b.jpg

#prayforbuchan30

Whit? So it's not got ham in it and it's not got cheese in it so how the hell can they call it a ham and cheese toastie? And why do vegans want things that taste like things they don't like?

As the lassie swapped it for a real ham & cheese she said they got a lot of complaints from customers about this "but not as many as we get from vegans if we don't have it".
 fucking vegans.
The petty thing that gets me more than that is the ongoing desire to make vegetables look like meat. If folk want to eat only veg or plant products then fair enough, but why would you want it to look like sausages, bacon or chicken nuggets?

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The petty thing that gets me more than that is the ongoing desire to make vegetables look like meat. If folk want to eat only veg or plant products then fair enough, but why would you want it to look like sausages, bacon or chicken nuggets?

I don't think they do. It'll be more that it isn't cost-effective to sell purely to vegans, so they have to try to reel in some carnivores too. The best way to do that is to imply that eating their products will be as short a leap as possible from sausages, bacon, chicken nuggets, etc.

Personally, I'd just form them into patties and name them after their contents, like SoyLentilsGreens. What could go wrong?

I don't think they do. It'll be more that it isn't cost-effective to sell purely to vegans, so they have to try to reel in some carnivores too. The best way to do that is to imply that eating their products will be as short a leap as possible from sausages, bacon, chicken nuggets, etc.
Personally, I'd just form them into patties and name them after their contents, like SoyLentilsGreens. What could go wrong?

I'd rather eat someone's foot.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

fucking vegans.

If they can make veg taste and have have the same texture as meat I'd have no problem switching.

Quite looking forward to trying the insect-based foodstuffs that we'll have to switch to once meat becomes too expensive.

At the rate foodbanks are having to expand, that could be sooner than later for a lot of folk.

I like the taste and smell of bacon and sausages. I don't however like the idea of eating meat from an ethical perspective and I hate gristle and fat. Plant based "meat products" are my go to - some are significantly better than others. Beyond Meat burgers are superb - if I did go back to eating meat I would continue to eat Beyond Meat I reckon. 

Had a run on really useless carrier bags recently.

One shop gave me a paper bag to carry some stuff I bought and it was raining, it had nearly disintegrated but the time I’d gone a few streets away from the shop and I had to go into Tesco and buy a plastic bag before it went everywhere. 

Yesterday I went into Coop and they have these ridiculously thin recyclable bags. It had tore and the tub of soup I bought ended up rolling down the steps. 

What’s the point of them? I normally try and bring bags from home if I go shopping but both times I remembered I needed things whilst out doing something else. Paper bags and Glasgow weather are just not compatible. 

10 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

fucking vegans.

I'm not vegan but presumably because they still want the taste but don't want the cholesterol, increased risk of all forms of cancer and animal cruelty.

10 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

fucking vegans.

People raging about veganism and vegan food in general is far more tiresome than actual veganism and vegan food

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

Had a run on really useless carrier bags recently.

One shop gave me a paper bag to carry some stuff I bought and it was raining, it had nearly disintegrated but the time I’d gone a few streets away from the shop and I had to go into Tesco and buy a plastic bag before it went everywhere. 

Yesterday I went into Coop and they have these ridiculously thin recyclable bags. It had tore and the tub of soup I bought ended up rolling down the steps. 

What’s the point of them? I normally try and bring bags from home if I go shopping but both times I remembered I needed things whilst out doing something else. Paper bags and Glasgow weather are just not compatible. 

Reminds me of the time many moons ago when we took the bus home from Tesco - when we got home we discovered the roast we had bought was no longer with us and there was a nice hole in the bottom of the plastic bag instead.  However, a couple of weeks later we found a tin of paint on the bus so swings and roundabouts I guess. 

Given that there's a tendency for vegans to get quite vocal about their choices of not eating meat, dairy etc. you'd think the last thing they'd want would be to have their preferred choice of greenery labelled with the very things that make them so angry.