Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

26 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I inadvertently walked into a dog friendly bar in Bamburgh (or near there) and folk were sitting eating. Sat down and the table and chairs were riddled with dog hair. Fucking minging. I made my excuses for the wife shedding and left after 4 pints

FTFY

I was bitten by a cocker spaniel in a pub. I was clearing some glasses (I worked there) and it lunged at me. It was just a wee nip on my shin but enough to break the skin. Apparently it was my fault for scaring the poor wee thing and not the owners for failing to keep the savage beast under control. 

I was oot at a bar near my new flat while it was table service (mad how quick we got back to it) and folk with a dug sat at a table of 4 to my left, the dug was ootside the table to my side and the manky thing was sniffing about my legs and licked my shoes and a total pain, didn't bark but. 

When I get my cat I'm gonna start taking them out to the pub. 

I was bitten by a cocker spaniel in a pub. I was clearing some glasses (I worked there) and it lunged at me. It was just a wee nip on my shin but enough to break the skin. Apparently it was my fault for scaring the poor wee thing and not the owners for failing to keep the savage beast under control. 
"Cocker Spaniel"
"Savage beast"

How small are you,@microdave?

fea6a56c719926ef36494cb8497de3dd.jpg
I’m bringing her with me on Saturday

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

The uneven slicing of Mothers Pride pre-cut loaves.  Perhaps it's a quirk they like, but this irregularity is one of those constants up there with death and taxes.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20220114-103859.thumb.png.202db23d13b45c1638e2f4e47c02ca1b.png

I see you like your bread warmed up

9 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I see you like your bread warmed up

Right, you've touched upon the key issue.  I might be wrong, but experience suggests that the thinner slices take less time to toast than the thicker ones.  Therefore, although Mothers Pride undoubtedly makes the best toast, one cannot simply [insert LOTR meme] throw the slices in on normal high setting without burning the thinner one to a f***ing crisp.  As a result, it's a multistage process.