Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure I'd describe Brel as a restaurant, it's a pub that does some overpriced food. Dugs in pubs are great. I'd rather go to a pub full of dugs than a pub full of people. 

I suppose the round would be cheaper.

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not sure I'd describe Brel as a restaurant, it's a pub that does some overpriced food. Dugs in pubs are great. I'd rather go to a pub full of dugs than a pub full of people. 

It’s not really a standard pub though is it? The majority of people there until the later evening are having food. Gastropub you could perhaps call it or bar & restaurant. 

They should set up special pubs full of dogs for oddballs like you I reckon. 

Dogs are a pain in the fucking arse and I hate the general obsession surrounding dogs. As others have said, I can live with dogs in a boozer so long as they are quiet and well behaved. On the other hand, dogs in restaurants is not okay. I don’t care if it’s the quietest dog in the world - a restaurant is a place for human beings to eat nice food and drink nice beverages- not a place for a dog. Why would you bring your dog to a restaurant in the first place? Couldn’t get a dog sitter? Stay at home then. Your dog your responsibility - normal restaurant goers don’t want you to impose your dog-loving agenda on us. I’m not paying good money to have to sit and listen to someone’s dog barking. Same applies to small children - leave your screaming child at home ffs.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

It’s not really a standard pub though is it? The majority of people there until the later evening are having food. Gastropub you could perhaps call it or bar & restaurant. 

They should set up special pubs full of dogs for oddballs like you I reckon. 

It calls itself a mews bar, whatever the f**k that is. 

You're right they should, all the Tories like you can stay in your faux middle class pubs and leave us and the dugs to it.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You were bloody lucky. I was just left outside by my dad with bugger all.

882103269_The_Four_Yorkshiremen_2014_(crop).thumb.jpg.5d9f42cab2e8a2486021da8a61a1b85c.jpg

You 'ad it lucky. We got left outside t'pub in freezing cold snow and we 'ad to buy dad's round out of our own pocket money that we earned down pit. 

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It calls itself a mews bar, whatever the f**k that is. 

You're right they should, all the Tories like you can stay in your faux middle class pubs and leave us and the dugs to it.

I've never seen a dug in any self-respecting pub in Greater Greenock, which is quite the opposite of 'faux middle class' in just about every way. There's no scabby greyhounds getting faithfully let into the Broomhill Tavern or The Star, that's for sure. 

Dugs in pubs are a bucolic trait of the countryside that hipster losers are only now introducing to urban settings. This should be dealt with by a truncheon to the face. 

A couple of years ago my mate who emigrated to Australia came home for a visit.

We all agreed to meet in Phillies in shawlands.

We had a table booked, the four school friends who still stayed in Scotland eagerly awaiting the arrival of our now  antipodean mate.

It was a beautiful bright, sunny summer evening so when you enter the restaurant your eyes take a wee bit of adjustment.

In walks Darren rushes forward to meet the boys but fails to see the dog lying on the floor at a nearby table.

Next thing there is a blood curdling yelp fae the dog as he stands on it's tail a cry of what the f*ck from Darren and glowers of hatred from the hipster dog owners towards our table absolutely howling at the scene.

If your going to bring your dog to a restaurant stick it under the table without fear of it being stood on.

11 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

A couple of years ago my mate who emigrated to Australia came home for a visit.

We all agreed to meet in Phillies in shawlands.

We had a table booked, the four school friends who still stayed in Scotland eagerly awaiting the arrival of our now  antipodean mate.

It was a beautiful bright, sunny summer evening so when you enter the restaurant your eyes take a wee bit of adjustment.

In walks Darren rushes forward to meet the boys but fails to see the dog lying on the floor at a nearby table.

Next thing there is a blood curdling yelp fae the dog as he stands on it's tail a cry of what the f*ck from Darren and glowers of hatred from the hipster dog owners towards our table absolutely howling at the scene.

If your going to bring your dog to a restaurant stick it under the table without fear of it being stood on.

Phillies isn’t a restaurant