Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

People who reach for the salt shaker before tasting food deserve to be salt poisoned.

Used to work in a tea room in my younger days and the elderly are the worst for this. Would fire in a pile of salt into their soup before tasting it then send it back as it was too salty 

I made the rookie mistake of tipping the final contents of a KP salted nuts packet straight into my mouth yesterday when looking like I was going to settle up in the pub, forgetting that a pile of salt gathers at the bottom.

Barmaid (upon seeing my reaction):  "Another pint by any chance?! 😄"

Me: "Aye, Belhaven Black please."

Edited by Hedgecutter

15 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I only ever put a small amount of salt on chips, roast potatoes and when making lentil soup. Apart from that, i don’t add salt to food.

I use ham stock cubes in my lentil soup and they are very salty, so no need for additional salt. 

I was walking in Tesco on Sunday when I heard this really loud, high pitched noise. Turns out the noise was inside my head. All day it lasted. When I got up the next day the ringing was less but my hearing has been affected. Even today ,I have a minimal ringing sound but some noises make my hearing just stop (running water, for instance). 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
31 minutes ago, coprolite said:
I don't mind people putting salt on food so long as they don't put it on from shoulder height like a hipster c**t

Throwing some over the shoulder acceptable?

Not in a confined space like a bus or a lift and it will mark you out as a credulous simpleton that believes in superstition, but largely inoffensive. 

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
49 minutes ago, coprolite said:
I don't mind people putting salt on food so long as they don't put it on from shoulder height like a hipster c**t

Throwing some over the shoulder acceptable?

If you can lift them that high, go for it. Preferably with a long drop behind you.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Depends how tall they are I suppose.

Bairnardo might be built like Geoff Capes, for all I know.

Those World's Strongest Man types always seem to be about as wide as they are tall (in a good way).

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I only ever put a small amount of salt on chips, roast potatoes and when making lentil soup. Apart from that, i don’t add salt to food.

Aye chips (sometimes) and lentil soup for me, nothing else.

What is it about lentil soup which makes it require salt when other soups don't?

I use salt a lot in cooking, both as a flavour enhancer and for functional reasons. During the US prohibition of alcohol people often added salt to beer in an attempt to eek out some flavour from the bland homebrew.

Today's PTTGOMN is smokers. I'm getting fed up with meeting them for a pint to find them dressed as the Michelin man and insisting on sitting outside in zero degrees so they can smoke while I freeze my arse off.

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

What is it about lentil soup which makes it require salt when other soups don't?

I use salt a lot in cooking, both as a flavour enhancer and for functional reasons. During the US prohibition of alcohol people often added salt to beer in an attempt to eek out some flavour from the bland homebrew.

Today's PTTGOMN is smokers. I'm getting fed up with meeting them for a pint to find them dressed as the Michelin man and insisting on sitting outside in zero degrees so they can smoke while I freeze my arse off.

Scary stuff...

On 05/01/2022 at 12:17, buchan30 said:

I dont have any salt in the house.  I did have a few years ago but that was to stop slugs sneaking under my back door

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

I'd be complaining about that, lazy delivery drivers are the absolute worst.

It's usually not laziness. Have a search for how much time the courier companies give their drivers per drop.

(try not to get sidetracked with hilarious videos of arsehole delivery drivers doing mental shit with parcels)