Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

As a recent example, it turned out that there was a typo in the big bold title on page one of my thesis that neither myself or the two examiners managed to spot. 😄

Unfortunately there were plenty of others for them to pick up on. 😔

Grounds for rescinding the PhD award imo. 

The backs of the shirts of most Scottish top flight clubs these days. A sponsor logo at the top, sees the player’s name below that, which in turn, sees the number on the shirt sitting closer to the arse of the player than the back of their neck. In my most humble opinion, this looks shite. I want to see the players name where the sponsor logo is, the number just below that, and get the sponsor logo to fcuk.

Is this just me? Surely no!?

37 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I once examined a thesis where the author had consistently used the word roll instead of role (including the title). She couldn’t even play the foreign card as she was from Ardrossan. 

Roll play?

Just now, Tynie Spenlow said:

Just stood on an upturned plug with bare foot.  Was a tad sore and a wee bit of blood.

On a plus note I'm about to watch Phil Jones on a football park which should be amusing.

A similar energy between the two of these things I think. 

On the subject of things American.

Spelling words like realise and utilise with a z instead of the s.

c***s.

I'm employed in the science sector. "Analyse" and "analyze" are two different concepts, one is expected in the workplace, the other is probably a sackable offence during work time.

9 hours ago, Thorongil said:

People who take absolutely forever in the act of ordering food. Be it at a counter, a kiosk, or sitting down.

it’s an absolute joke. Get to the front with your selection in mind and articulate it. Then MOVE.

On a similar note, people in front of you in the supermarket checkout who wait until they have packed everything before they even start looking for their purse. 

On 02/01/2022 at 17:12, pozbaird said:

The backs of the shirts of most Scottish top flight clubs these days. A sponsor logo at the top, sees the player’s name below that, which in turn, sees the number on the shirt sitting closer to the arse of the player than the back of their neck. In my most humble opinion, this looks shite. I want to see the players name where the sponsor logo is, the number just below that, and get the sponsor logo to fcuk.

Is this just me? Surely no!?

It’s incredibly tinpot.

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

At last i decided to tackle the stripping of the wallpaper in our kitchen,i reckon it has 6 layers of different paper.

A friend of mine moved into a flat built in the 19th Century. We stripped the wall down to what we reckoned was the original colour- green and maroon. 

Lovely, but ecumenical for Edinburgh football I suppose.

8 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

People who reach for the salt shaker before tasting food deserve to be salt poisoned.

I have a mate who does this to every savoury meal he eats.  He gets a pizza and the first thing he does is cake it in salt.  I've seen him salt a meal deal sandwich from Tesco before.