Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

i can't think of anything worse than getting the family round, having food then just all sitting watching tv like something out of that god awful gogglebox program. 
Bros ex used sit in a room herself and watch the eastenders/ casualty (or holby city) special on xmas day each year for 2/3 hours while we got pished next door.
Another one of his previous ex's would say "we could maybe take it down a notch and stick a xmas film on?" ugh
I can't answer that.

i can't think of anything worse than getting the family round, having food then just all sitting watching tv like something out of that god awful gogglebox program. 
Bros ex used sit in a room herself and watch the eastenders/ casualty (or holby city) special on xmas day each year for 2/3 hours while we got pished next door.
Another one of his previous ex's would say "we could maybe take it down a notch and stick a xmas film on?" ugh

I'm not sure sitting watching tele is any less of a "sad existence" than getting pished.

Some folk just love the day to sit and relax. Each to their own I say.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Pretty sure they were BB King’s band.

😁 What a shout..

Mrs b-l and I have seen BB King live 3 times. First time was at the Playhouse Embra, followed by the Concert Hall Gesga a few years later and lastly at the Armadillo again a few years later. 

The Playhouse gig was by far the best. The place was jumping, thanks for the reminder. 

On 27/12/2021 at 16:01, Andy Dufresne said:

We went to Tony Macaroni’s in Irvine tonight whilst down at our caravan and when I got the bill noticed they put an (optional) service charge on it.

if I want to tip for good service I will will be made to look like a duck by asking it to be taken off.

So will not go there again.

You’re not going to eat there because they’re asking you to be generous to the waiting staff?

Fair play. That is really petty.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure sitting watching tele is any less of a "sad existence" than getting pished.

Some folk just love the day to sit and relax. Each to their own I say.

plenty time to sit like a vegetable at the end of our life watching tv tbh

There's plenty of time to sit and get pished as well.

Though FWIW, I've probably had more joy over the years watching quality TV shows and films than I have when I've been drinking. If I had to pick only of those things to do ever again the TV would win hands down.

6 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I was ready with a tip in my hand when the bill came but that was my choice not forced on me by the restaurant chain.

In San Francisco bill came with service charge added (service was shite in any case). Waiter then questioned why I was not leaving a tip - he was given the choice remove the service charge and I will tip, keep it on and no tip.

In Boston paid a $16 bill with a $50 note and the waitress asked if I wanted change!!

21 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Got to agree with big Andy.

If a service charge is optional, it shouldn't be on the bill.

Correct, noticed that last time down in London a service charge added nearly everywhere yet having the audacity to pressure you for a tip.

I've always in the past given a tip but there is no way I'm doing so when a whopping service charge (con) has been added on already.

11 hours ago, red23 said:

A lot of people grow up and get over the novelty of drinking alcohol by their mid 20s and prefer to do other things they enjoy/prefer. 

A lot of people like watching TV and it doesn’t leave you a wretch the following day. 

A lot of people grow up and get over the novelty of drinking alcohol by their mid 20s and prefer to do other things they enjoy/prefer. 
A lot of people like watching TV and it doesn’t leave you a wretch the following day. 
For f**k's sake. Both things can be enjoyed in moderation by functioning adults.