Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

A feline version of this launchpad will do the trick. This isn't violent, it's physics.

How many poor squirrels just got bashed in the head by the plate before that one went on an adventure ride? That's what I want to know. :babe2

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I think I'm right in saying that air rifles are legal in England but illegal up here.

I've no idea. I had a .177 and a .22 when I was a lad. Probably not allowed these days. Probably not allowed back then tbf. My Dad taught me how to use them safely and look after them properly. Nobody died apart from the occasional rat, rabbit and pigeon. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Cats always enter and exit my garden via a slot between the fence and hedge where I have a motion activated camera set up.  Using that to capture the surprised/horrified feline expression when combined with a jet of cold water feels extremely tempting...

All round to Hedgecutter's bit with Bigfoot suits on....

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I think I'm right in saying that air rifles are legal in England but illegal up here.

Nah.  You can buy an air rifle in Scotland but you need a certificate for it.

Similar process to buying a shotgun...which was pretty straightforward in my A'deenshire days.

Alternatively put all the cat shit into a big bucket and when it’s full empty it into the doorstep of the cat owner. And repeat till they get the verminous little fuckers under control.

You can actually go to court and complete a form if you know who’s cat it is and this then mandates them to prevent the cat crapping on your property. If you catch it and can prove it is their cat they get fined up to £100 every time.

18 hours ago, 101 said:

I also have the same issue they are digging up my lawn and then, badly, burying their shite.

Not a huge issue in the winter but going to be annoying come the summer. I was thinking about getting lion manure apparently that works.

18 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Heard of the lion manure thing as well, don't know how easy it is to acquire though.

Someone told me cow manure works as well.

I reckon its bull shit

9 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Alternatively put all the cat shit into a big bucket and when it’s full empty it into the doorstep of the cat owner. And repeat till they get the verminous little fuckers under control.

You can actually go to court and complete a form if you know who’s cat it is and this then mandates them to prevent the cat crapping on your property. If you catch it and can prove it is their cat they get fined up to £100 every time.

How do get an outdoor cat “under control”?

Spoiler

Clue: you don’t.

10 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

lol

What are you going to do? "Strongly advise" it?